Lime Cart Rental??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lime Cart Rental??

Does anyone know of a place that rents lime carts in East Texas? Within an hour or so of Livingston, Huntsville, or Crockett?

Dang, slim pickens out there. Anyone have a DIY idea?

Comment

What kind of lime cart ? How much lime and how much area ? Lots of answers needed.

Comment

Try asking at local feed stores.

Comment

We have about 6 plots ranging from 1-2 acres each. All need about 2 tons per acres. We have struck out on all the feed stores around. Most only have fertilizer carts that’s don’t have a wide enough chain they say for AG lime. They will spread pelletized lime fine but the cost is so much more.

Found one place out of Crockett to buy the Ag lime from and he will spread it. Only problem is he doesn’t do deer leases because of the small plots and bouncing around. They like to show up at 1 hay pasture and spread the entire load there. I tried to sweeten the pot a little for him but it didn’t work.

I am looking for something I can pull with truck or tractor to several plots over a weekend. We have enough plots to get a 18 wheeler load of Ag lime dumped at the lease. We just need a way to spread it. Heck, I would jump renting a small spreader that will hold 1 ton at a time.

If we don’t find anything by the spring I will probably try and build something.

Comment

Might try Maci’s Feed in Hardin, TX. It is a little ways from you, but they have them.

I am really surprised no one has something closer to you.

Comment

Not positive, but you may give producers coop in Bryan a call. Their is also a little feed store in Shiro that had some carts. Never paid much attention to them though so might not be what you are after.

Comment

Thanks I will try both Places.

Comment

Its a haul but the Highland growers in Deridder has a lime carts.. They use to fertilize my hay fields in Buna. Might give them a call I'm sure they know someone closer to your area that can help you..

Comment

Davis in centerviile drove a truck out for my plots.
                    Only 5 miles. 1-2 acres.
                    It works.

Comment

Thanks. They are about an hour from us. I will give them a call as well.

Comment

Try Groveton Mill and Supply if you are in Trinity county. They are spraying liquid lime last time I used them.

Comment

Little bit of a late response, but I use ElDorado in Elkhart. You have to call them since they don't keep lime on hand all year, but I have bought probably 20+ tons from them over the last 10 years. Grapeland Coop/Grapeland Farm and Ranch claims they can order it, but they are sketchy AF and I would not trust them.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post
                            Little bit of a late response, but I use ElDorado in Elkhart. You have to call them since they don't keep lime on hand all year, but I have bought probably 20+ tons from them over the last 10 years. Grapeland Coop/Grapeland Farm and Ranch claims they can order it, but they are sketchy AF and I would not trust them.
                            Thanks do they spread it for you or can you pick up the cart and spread yourself?

Comment

I always pick up the cart and spread myself when I get it from El Dorado. When I last talked to Grapeland Farm and Ranch they would spread, but I have a narrow gap that their big truck won't fit through.

Make sure you have a real truck to tow. Last haul I did was 4 tons and the buggy doesn't have brakes, so it makes it exciting.

Comment

Working...
                              X