No announcement yet.

AR-15 Build??? What caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I’m starting with a 350 legend because I found some ammo close to my house. After stupidly passing up a shelf full of 6.5G a couple weeks ago, I can’t find any ammo now.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      Well I’m starting with a 350 legend because I found some ammo close to my house. After stupidly passing up a shelf full of 6.5G a couple weeks ago, I can’t find any ammo now.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        Haha it’ll be ok buddy. I will just order a complete 6.5g when ammo is available again.

Comment

Grendel

Comment

Originally posted by toaster View Post
            Grendel
            It’s too late. He caught teh ghey.

Comment

It’s too late. He caught teh ghey.
              Hahahaha it’s contagious. I’ll let you touch it!!!

Comment

I know I told you to join the 65grendel owners forum, but they actually have one for 350 Legend owners too.

Comment

I know I told you to join the 65grendel owners forum, but they actually have one for 350 Legend owners too.
                  I wanna click it so bad

Comment

Really lol. I’ve been lurking on 65grendel since you sent it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      I have had great success with 6.8 SPC but if I switched it would be Grendel.

6.8 is optimized on 16” barrel where Grendel likes a longer tube if that matters to you.

Grendel doesn’t show any advantages until you stretch yardage out to 3-400+

People are finding out the Grendel actually does well down to a 12” barrel.

6.5 has slightly higher SD than the 6.8 and in theory should penetrate deeper at all ranges on tougher animals or shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Let me know if you still want a Grendel upper. I have a 20” one that I’m thinking of selling but it won’t be a cheap one. It’s all premium parts but shoots unbelievably well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Let me know if you still want a Grendel upper. I have a 20” one that I’m thinking of selling but it won’t be a cheap one. It’s all premium parts but shoots unbelievably well.

Mike PM me a price and details please. I can’t even find a good barrel in 6.5 to purchase. All back ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            People are finding out the Grendel actually does well down to a 12” barrel.

6.5 has slightly higher SD than the 6.8 and in theory should penetrate deeper at all ranges on tougher animals or shots.

Yep, the 6.5 SD is very appealing. I recently re-barreled my 6.8 and might have gone 6.5 had I not been so vested in 6.8 reloading stuff.

Comment

I am looking to build or buy a lightweight 6.5 Grendel for hunting.

Would appreciate any heads up on parts or complete rifle availability.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                                Yep, the 6.5 SD is very appealing. I recently re-barreled my 6.8 and might have gone 6.5 had I not been so vested in 6.8 reloading stuff.

That’s what happened to me. I bought into the 6.8 hype several years ago and built one, an NFA one at that. [emoji58]

Saw that it really didn’t do anything my Grendel wouldn’t do and sold it. Luckily my BIL bought it so the transaction was easy other than the 10 month wait.

In hindsight I should have just sold the upper and kept the registered lower. [emoji2361]

Comment

Working...
                                X