Muzzy Trocar HB or Grim Reaper Pro Micro Hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzy Trocar HB or Grim Reaper Pro Micro Hybrid

I’m considering using hybrid broadheads this season. Which one of the two listed above do you prefer and why?

Choice B

Comment

Reaper. Either the micro or regular hybrid, The regular is a bigger cut. Hopefully bone thug chimes in cause he has experience with both

Why not the muzzy…. I got them when they first came out and really liked them, until my dad shot a buck with them. Fully opened hole on entry and exit. But once I got the insides opened up the mechanical part closed up and was only the 1” cut from the fixed blades and 2 little slits from the mechanical part

Comment

Grim Reapers have treated me well.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
          Reaper. Either the micro or regular hybrid, The regular is a bigger cut. Hopefully bone thug chimes in cause he has experience with both

Why not the muzzy…. I got them when they first came out and really liked them, until my dad shot a buck with them. Fully opened hole on entry and exit. But once I got the insides opened up the mechanical part closed up and was only the 1” cut from the fixed blades and 2 little slits from the mechanical part
          Thank you, info like this is what I’m looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post

I’ve used and killed with both. I prefer the Grim Reaper Micro Hybrid over the HB. Both fly extremely well but like kd350 said the HB can/chance it could close up once it gets inside.

I have 100% confidence in the GR Micro Hybrid. I’ve been impressed with ‘em. Smart has had great luck with the Micro Hybrids on deer and pigs as well.

I like to shoot different broadheads from time to time but If I had to only stick with one it would be a Hybrid.

Comment

Grim Reaper 125 grain Micro-Hybrid 1-3/8" blade have been absolute money heads for me. I love those dang things. They have been devastating to deer and pigs for me with solid blood trails and short tracks. If not solid blood trails on pigs, its because their coat (see pics) has held most of it and there was still enough dripping to find them on a short track.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0558.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	331.9 KB
ID:	24657180

Name:	Avatar.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	24657181

Name:	TBH 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	24657182

Name:	TBH3.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	24657183

Name:	IMG_3519.jpg
Size:	415.8 KB
ID:	24657184

Name:	IMG_4062.jpg
Size:	314.2 KB
ID:	24657185

Name:	IMG_4349.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	24657186

Name:	IMG_4350.jpg
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	24657187
              Last edited by Smart; 07-20-2021, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                I’ve used and killed with both. I prefer the Grim Reaper Micro Hybrid over the HB. Both fly extremely well but like kd350 said the HB can/chance it could close up once it gets inside.

I have 100% confidence in the GR Micro Hybrid. I’ve been impressed with ‘em. Smart has had great luck with the Micro Hybrids on deer and pigs as well.

I like to shoot different broadheads from time to time but If I had to only stick with one it would be a Hybrid.
                Thank you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;15710719]Grim Reaper 125 grain Micro-Hybrid 1-3/8" blade have been absolute money heads for me. I love those dang things. They have been devastating to deer and pigs for me with solid blood trails and short tracks. If not solid blood trails on pigs, its because their coat (see pics) has held most of it and there was still enough dripping to find them on a short track. QUOTE]

Thank you.

Comment

Also forgot to mention that I have bent the very tip on rocks on a passthrough (they are straight unless I hit rocks), ground the tip down to make it look similar to stock, resharpened the blades and killed pigs with them. they are tough mechanicals...well Hybrids...

Stock:

Name:	59918170294__98429B40-7361-4F62-B3B3-BCECD.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	24657190

Reshaped

Name:	IMG_0802.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	24657191
                    Last edited by Smart; 07-20-2021, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X