Symphony Acres...a dream come true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For years I’ve loved seeing fellow members post about property/land purchases and following through their transformation into homesteads, recreational tracts and other fun adventures...making notes along the way. I’ve dreamed about doing something similar for a long time but it just always seemed to be way out in the distant future. Like many, I would often find myself ‘window shopping’ online searching the various popular real estate sites and even had a list of must haves that would hopefully one day help narrow down the search.

Well, today my wife and I closed on our own little slice of Texas! Dream come true! The kiddos are super excited and interestingly they each have their own ‘project’ in mind. Haha! The oldest wants to make some trails (she’s starting to learn to drive the buggy), middle daughter wants to turn the pond into a fishing hotspot and the little guy wants to have a hunting spot to hunt with his new pellet gun. Sounds good to me! I think that’s a good start

About the property, it’s 23 acres in Trinity County and is located just a couple hundred yards from the national forest. Woods all around us! Can’t wait to see what wildlife is in the area.

We’ve named the place Symphony Acres. Has a nice ring to it, huh? My wife and I met at UofH band camp years ago (I know I know, “..and one time at band camp..” lol)...fast forward we still play in various musical groups today.

Thanks for reading and I’ll do my best to add pics and updates along the way.
    Attached Files

Congrats! enjoy every second of it!

Comment

Congrats!

Soo, is it true what’s they say about Band Camp?

Comment

Awesome congrats!

Any land for sale near by ?

Comment

Well deserved sir Huge congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the land purchase. Time to make some great memories with the kids!

Comment

Congrats, and enjoy making great memories!

Comment

Congrats on taking that leap. Time to get a couple feeders up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome Louie!! Congrats to you and family!! Will u build a place to stay or sleep in an RV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats sir!! My parents have a place in Groveton and we've been lucky enough to take some really nice deer around there. We've seen even greater bucks on camera but haven't been able to run across them in the daylight yet, it'll happen tho! Every year a few monster bucks are taken in that area by a few lucky hunters!! I think you and your family will love it!! Congratulations, maybe i'll see you around!

Comment

Congrats on the new (Symphony Acres) purchase, Louie! You will make a lifetime of memories with your kids and family with this move. Felicia and I were reminiscing about "taking a risk and buying our ranch" nearly 25 years ago and watching the kids grow up on it and only regret that we didn't buy more at the time! Do keep us posted and take us along the journey as you guys develop the place.

K-Man

p.s.

I didn't realize that you too were a UH Coog! Let's hope they can pull out the upset and go to the National Title game !
                        Last edited by Kamoman; 03-31-2021, 06:26 AM.

Comment

That my friend is a beautiful story and ranch name. Looking forward to more chapters in yalls new book.

Comment

Congrats Louie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s surrounded by the NF all the way around or what? That would be pretty cool. Congrats on the place! Ours is still a dream for now

Comment

Working...
                              X