Armored Hog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armored Hog?

Shot this big boy in the trap this morning---all 198 lbs. Took 4 hits in the head with .22 LR ammo at ranges from 3-15 feet. Does anyone know where I can get armor piercing .22 LR?

They's tough...............

Comment

Must have identified as a woman...hardheaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How about a muzzy broadhead through the vitals and they still run 150 yards ? I Been there several times....

Comment

It is amazing how many 22s they can take to the noggin. Congrats! Big hog at 198.
          What makes it even more challenging is, now... with a hole or two in the dome. They get to flying around that trap like a pinball game and your gun, poking through the rails is like a tail gunners would be in a B-52 up, down, around, sideways. Intense if there are few hogs in the trap.
          Congrats again.

Comment

Shoot em right behind the ear and the go down grave yard dead

Comment

22 long rifle are way under powered from when I was younger!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                Shoot em right behind the ear and the go down grave yard dead
                First one was centered between the eyes, about halfway up that dropped him on his knees for a blink. One halfway between the eye and earhole, one behind the ear while quartering away, and one more in the forehead which dropped him.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                  First one was centered between the eyes, about halfway up that dropped him on his knees for a blink. One halfway between the eye and earhole, one behind the ear while quartering away, and one more in the forehead which dropped him.
                  That’s why I use a .22 mag

Comment

The little .22 rimfire is a small game and plinking/target round at best. Try using a bigger and more powerful cartridge.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post

You didn’t shoot him in the right spot. You have to go between the eyes about 2” up and below the ears. Shot piles of them and they just drop and do the stinky leg. Between the eyes basically goes through the sinus cavity.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                        The little .22 rimfire is a small game and plinking/target round at best. Try using a bigger and more powerful cartridge.

We’ve shot hundreds and never had a problem. My grannie was wicked. Throw out some grain, pop it between the ears and we were boiling and scraping in 5 minutes.

Comment

Everyone knows you gotta have a 300mag to penetrate hogs...

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            That's why I use a .44 Mag

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

I watched my dad shoot a cow that had broken her leg, right between the eyes with a .22 mag. She got up and charged him with 3 legs. Took one more in the same spot to do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X