This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    The NCAA doesn't have any authority over this.

Ya keep telling yourself that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NCAA will not upset the biggest money makers period. Not saying football will be played or not but NCAA will not be the deciding factor.

Comment

Weighing in from the Buckeye section ... SO DISAPPOINTING. We had a team that would contend for a playoff spot, loaded offense with a Heisman contender at QB and we throw it all away. It's just heartbreaking.

What a setback. There won't be spring ball - cuz you can't play two seasons in a year. We gave away a year because we're scared of lawyers and lawsuits.

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DO THIS NOW? How about we wait four more weeks and see? If the SEC and ACC can play why can't we? If kids can be on campus for in-person class athletes can't be on the field? This is so dumb.

You need good players ACC or SEC? Get Columbus on the phone because the transfers are coming hard and fast. #cantBlameThePlayers

I'm so mad.

Comment

Will the NC have an * by its name? . .

Comment

Former Aggy lean LJ Johnson "fonged" to Texas. #2 RB in the state.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-11-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark44 View Post
              Weighing in from the Buckeye section ... SO DISAPPOINTING. We had a team that would contend for a playoff spot, loaded offense with a Heisman contender at QB and we throw it all away. It's just heartbreaking.

What a setback. There won't be spring ball - cuz you can't play two seasons in a year. We gave away a year because we're scared of lawyers and lawsuits.

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DO THIS NOW? How about we wait four more weeks and see? If the SEC and ACC can play why can't we? If kids can be on campus for in-person class athletes can't be on the field? This is so dumb.

You need good players ACC or SEC? Get Columbus on the phone because the transfers are coming hard and fast. #cantBlameThePlayers

I'm so mad.

Very few programs have spare scholarships laying around 99.99% of those kids are screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                My understanding is the two private schools are a problem. Hope that’s not the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                How so? I've been hearing quite the opposite. As a matter of fact, the prez and AD have made statements recently saying they will vote to play. They need the conference share money. I'm not saying you are wrong, I just haven't heard it

That was of this weekend, things could have changed in the last couple of days I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  Very few programs have spare scholarships laying around 99.99% of those kids are screwed

They can still transfer and pay their way for a semester. Happens all the time

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    How so? I've been hearing quite the opposite. As a matter of fact, the prez and AD have made statements recently saying they will vote to play. They need the conference share money. I'm not saying you are wrong, I just haven't heard it

That was of this weekend, things could have changed in the last couple of days I suppose
                    Liability issues and I heard it only involved the two private schools. It's 2020, can't believe much these days. Everything is over politicized and wishy-washy.

Comment

I’m not arguing that, but the ncaa will find a way to shut them ALL down.....I’d be willing to put money none of them play vs half do

They have every right to tell the NCAA to **** right off.

Comment

Do it the SEC/Bama way. Bring in more than you have scholarships for and only keep the best. Something like that is whay Saban has been accused of.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          Liability issues and I heard it only involved the two private schools. It's 2020, can't believe much these days. Everything is over politicized and wishy-washy.
                          I dang sure agree on the 2020 part!

I'd seriously doubt that's the case but if TCU did 'block it/opt out' they deserve to go bankrupt. Same for any other institution IMO at this point

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            I dang sure agree on the 2020 part!

I'd seriously doubt that's the case but if TCU did 'block it/opt out' they deserve to go bankrupt. Same for any other institution IMO at this point
                            Just saw this.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Just saw this.

I wouldn't believe any of the twitter warrior stuff.

Not saying it couldn't be true....

Comment

My son’s HS released their football schedule...business as usual...scrimmage next Thurs Aug 20th, JV games starting the following Thurs 27th, Varsity starts Friday Aug 28th.

As a sophomore, he’ll start at left tackle for JV on Thursdays, with the possibility of being moved up as a backup on varsity if the two injury-prone starter O-line guys miss games like they have the last two seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X