All Seasons Feeder Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Seasons Feeder Problem.

I have a friend that has one and it won’t drop down and spin. I don’t know much about them other than what it’s supposed to do.

Which spinner plate?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      Which spinner plate?
      Not sure. All I know it has the chain links that are supposed to drop down and spin.

Comment

Has it been working prior or is it a new feeder? If it has been working and is a " eliminator " spinner plate, check the links of chain for a piece of corn or corn stalk/cob to be wedged in the links. If it is clear, lube the links and manually work the plate up and down to free it up.

The only other thing I have seen cause this is the battery it too weak to spin the plate fast enough to drop.

Comment

The chain links are froze up with dust. They need to be worked loose, cleaned with brake clean and sprayed with silicone or some other dry lube. Dont use any oil based penetrate solvent or lube as it will collect more dust and turn to concrete.

Comment

Ok I will tell him. Thanks.

Comment

I learned a long time ago. I replace batteries and solar panels and be done with it. Not working is not an option

Comment

Originally posted by hunter68 View Post
                I learned a long time ago. I replace batteries and solar panels and be done with it. Not working is not an option
                Not a bad idea. I try to do batteries every year, but I don’t mess with solar panels unless they go bad. I also usually run 2 feeders at each spot in case one quits.

Comment

Hell I'm starting on year 12 with one of my 12V panels and I tested it last weekend and still rolling strong...(Knocks on wood). I'd have had to have bought and thrown away three good panels in that period with your thinking.

Comment

It wont matter if you replace the battery or solar panel if the links are froze.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      I have a friend that has one and it won’t drop down and spin. I don’t know much about them other than what it’s supposed to do.
                      It's a an Eliminator. WD40 should fix it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                        It's a an Eliminator. WD40 should fix it.

Lubricants only make it worse because then dust has something to stick to

Comment

You have to set them properly to begin with for them to work. Can't leave the links fully extended. Have to be compressed about 3/8" to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by LWolken View Post
                            Lubricants only make it worse because then dust has something to stick to
                            I run 6 feeders with Eliminators and give them a short burst of WD when I fill them, no issues.

Comment

Another thing to check. It could be the set screw that secures the spinner plate to the motor shaft. The motor shaft will spin but not spin the spinner plate is this set screw is loose or missing . I have seen those set screws back out and fall out due to the vibration of the motor spinning the plate. This is generally because when they were installed there was NO loctite used on the screw threads to help secure the set screw. Seen this happen to two different fellow lease members with ASF feeders.

Comment

Working...
                              X