woodpecker destroying gamecam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woodpecker destroying gamecam

my nephew asked me how to stop woodpeckers from detroying his gams in Haskell county. I have never had this problem, have any of y'all? if you did what did y'all do to stop it?

No clue, woodpeckers are destroying my stucco window trims and would like advise- guess I could shoot it but another one would come- never ending story..

Comment

I have a terrible problem with wood peckers. They have pecked holes in my ridge cap and in the gable ends of my house just above the drip ledge. I first filled the holes with expanding foam with the intention of going back with a good coat of paint. They pecked out most of the foam so I did it again and tacked a 6" wide strip of roofing tin over that section of the wall. That stopped them there but they have now decided to start pecking on the trim around my dormers. I have declared war on them. I will kill them any way possible and don't give a darn if it is illegal. No body, no death is my tactic.

Comment

The bastages have gotten several of our game cams over the years. No solution I know of.

Comment

hunt woodpeckers....

Comment

put a rubber snake near the camera, just remember it so you don't scare yourself with it.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
              put a rubber snake near the camera, just remember it so you don't scare yourself with it.
              And have the resulting girl screaming tumbling back flips and cartwheels show up in pics.

Comment

Cardinals will do the same thing, just super thin Lenses on cameras! lost several from them over the years.

Comment

I don't know how to prevent it; maybe some glass in front.

For repairs:

My friend would buy the cheapest motion sensing light at Home Depot and takes the sensor lens out and replaces the poked out lens on the camera. He now buys the lens sheets on amazon and cuts to fit. It has to be that special type lens for it to work right.

Comment

We've had the same issue. He might try using trail cam mounting brackets that extend the camera away from the tree or post or whatever the woodpecker is standing on while he pecks away.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal21973 View Post
                      He now buys the lens sheets on amazon and cuts to fit. It has to be that special type lens for it to work right.

Link? I can’t find the stuff on Amazon???

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They enjoy pecking holes in our blinds.
                        I had a pair peck a large hole in a palm tree in my yard and establish a nest in it. It isn't a large palm. They raised there chicks and left leaving a large hole in the tree. I thought the tree would not make it with such a large hole, but it's still alive. It even survived the freeze.

Comment

I have heard the clicking sounds like insects in wood. So, they are trying to get to them.

Comment

Small piece of thin lexan over sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I found the problem is they see their self, so they attack it just like your truck side mirrors cardinal sit there pack at it and pack at it like there’s another cardinal on the other side.

Comment

Working...
                              X