No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m seeing a lot of Balmorhea on the shelves. Did this yrs’ batch just drop? If so, anyone tried it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
      I’m seeing a lot of Balmorhea on the shelves. Did this yrs’ batch just drop? If so, anyone tried it?

Haha no. They jacked the prices up 15-20% and now they sit…. I really like Balmorhea but won’t spend near $200 for one. Nope

Comment

Originally posted by rdorsett View Post
        Haha no. They jacked the prices up 15-20% and now they sit…. I really like Balmorhea but won’t spend near $200 for one. Nope

I picked up a bottle last summer for a trip and hadn’t really seen Any since then, so I thought it might be this years batch. I was incredibly underwhelmed last year. It’d have to be much better to spend $180+ on one.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          I had some Smoke Wagon in Vegas last week. How did you like it?

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
            I had some Smoke Wagon in Vegas last week. How did you like it?

I had one pour a few months ago and liked it enough to look for it for a few months.

Finally gave up and my boss who got me into the whole bourbon thing sold me both of those bottles in that pic. He’s got about 150 bottles of all sorts of stuff and hooks me up when I can’t find something.

This is his haul in the spring with two other buddies when they went to Kentucky.

Last edited by Black Ice; 07-14-2021, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Green label Weller Special Reserve…. Worth buying, or hold out for the other Weller types?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                Green label Weller Special Reserve…. Worth buying, or hold out for the other Weller types?

If it’s close to msrp, it’s a great daily drinker.

Comment

I don’t drink daily lol. They had the 1.75s at regular retail. At Docs in Wolfforth yesterday if anyone is looking.

Comment

I don’t drink daily lol. They had the 1.75s at regular retail. At Docs in Wolfforth yesterday if anyone is looking.

some do. nothing wrong with it. part of routine for some. i pretty much only drink friday and/or sat and like to get after it pretty good.

know lots of folks who have wine almost every night with dinner or an after work cocktail

Comment

ain't gotta necessarily drink every day for it to be a daily drinker. What that implies is that if you don't want to drink the more expensive stuff, it's a good choice to have a drink of. as long as you don't pay much for it. it's not bad stuff at all.

Comment

Was mostly just meddlin' on the daily drink thing. I have no issue with it either way, but my wife gets grumpy if I drink one at all, so I tend to hold off.

Comment

Finally cracked open the Tumblin Dice store pick I have and I really enjoyed it. Really nutty on the nose and mouth to me. Also made friends with a store manager and was able to pickup some eagle rare at retail finally.

Comment

I've been buying whiskey the wrong way

I walk into local liquor stores and try to find special stuff, guess you gotta be the list to find certain things. My mistake is that I would still buy something, a bottle of "common" stuff or wine. When I walk into a store I always feel the need to buy something...Anyway, I stopped doing that. I've been walking it, looking around and leaving without buying anything. I guess the stores noticed me coming in, looking around and not buying anything so a few of them finally offered some of the goods they have been hiding.

Comment

Sipping on one of my favorites first this evening!

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                                I've been buying whiskey the wrong way

I walk into local liquor stores and try to find special stuff, guess you gotta be the list to find certain things. My mistake is that I would still buy something, a bottle of "common" stuff or wine. When I walk into a store I always feel the need to buy something...Anyway, I stopped doing that. I've been walking it, looking around and leaving without buying anything. I guess the stores noticed me coming in, looking around and not buying anything so a few of them finally offered some of the goods they have been hiding.

Usually goes the opposite way. Lots of stores sell to their good customers not just anyone asking for allocated stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X