No announcement yet.

Bastrop Buccee's EZ Feeders and corn price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GreenGo 100% not even a second close. Just picked mine up this weekend. 800lb and it's hell of a feeder. Solid all welded with no timer box on the bottom. ASF is cheaper for a reason. Just my opinion
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
      Skip both. Look at a green go stand and fill. All welded and not rivets like the ones you are looking at.
      For just rivets the All Seasons stand and fill are pretty dang tough. I have one that fell off a trailer and got hit by an oncoming car and it’s worked like a champ for years. Totaled the car. We call it the crash and fill now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
        For just rivets the All Seasons stand and fill are pretty dang tough. I have one that fell off a trailer and got hit by an oncoming car and it’s worked like a champ for years. Totaled the car. We call it the crash and fill now.

Car proof but not aoudad or elk proof !
        Smart , I agree that the cage could be improved but have decent luck against coon and tree rats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a All Season Stand and fill feeder. Drove 45 miles and rivets for timer housing broke. Also had one blow over and a couple rivets broke. Don't get me started on the-Timer malfunctions.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter911 View Post
            GreenGo 100% not even a second close. Just picked mine up this weekend. 800lb and it's hell of a feeder. Solid all welded with no timer box on the bottom. ASF is cheaper for a reason. Just my opinion
            What's the price on the GreenGo 800lb?

Comment

I usually pay 5.99 a 40# bag at Brookshires in Grandview, 9.99 this past weekend. I figure the deer have plenty to eat at the moment so I will wait.

Comment

I picked up two of the ASF Buc-ees stand and fills along with 30 bags of corn at the Bastrop Buc-ees late Thursday night. Put them out Friday and am hoping they perform as well as the $700 ASF non-Buc-ees version. You definitely get a more robust feeder for $700 than $400 but with pens keeping hogs and cows out, do I need it? I'm really looking forward to filling my feeders without a ladder from now on.

Need to sell the two double barrel feeders I replaced now.

Comment

It might be just my luck but I am on my 3rd motor in about 2.5 years on my EZ feeder. If this one goes I'm out and going another direction. These motors should last way more than a year. I am getting very quick on the motor swap however.

Comment

I started a thread asking about the solar panel on these, but no response. My battery was dead at 6 months. Thinking I may need to move the panel up, angle it or ? Anyone else having issues on not charging the battery.?

Comment

I’m at the Katy bucees. Wondering if it’s worth buying corn here or going To bastrop.

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
                        I’m at the Katy bucees. Wondering if it’s worth buying corn here or going To bastrop.
                        Wherever you buy it, check for weevils. Bought a few bags of corn at the Buccees in Luling yesterday (8.39 a bag) and when I got home weevils were coming out of the bags. First time I found weevils in buccees corn right after buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                          I started a thread asking about the solar panel on these, but no response. My battery was dead at 6 months. Thinking I may need to move the panel up, angle it or ? Anyone else having issues on not charging the battery.?
                          I've got 3 of the real stand and fills from All Season....the ones with varmint cage and steel angle base. They all have the solar panel mounted just like yours and have always stayed charge....the battery seem to last around 4 years or so. I've been running these feeders for 10 years and only replaced one solar panel and mounted to the same place it previously was....never any issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bastrop Buccee's EZ Feeders and corn price

Originally posted by tef View Post

Or check the connections.

A panel doesn’t need to be angled up to do its thing. The vertical mount is just fine as long as it’s not in full time heavy shade. Did you run a meter on the panel in bright sun? 12 volt panels should be in the 17-18 volt area. Also it could simply be that you got a bad one and don’t need to overthink it. Let them exchange it and move on. …. Try to put a charge on your battery too. If it won’t stay above 12 volts it’s bad.

Comment

Think corn is high. Check prices on pea gravel. It is getting insane. Not gonna be able to keep my feeders full this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                I just paid $9.99 at Denton Bucees.... getting a little ridiculous.
                                I saw that price the other day! Ridiculous!!

Comment

Working...
                                X