Boat graphs, HDS or Echomap UHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat graphs, HDS or Echomap UHD

Bought a new (used) boat and it has a Loweance HDS Live 9 in the console. I have a Garmin Echomap Plus 9sv that I was going to install on the bow (had it prior to purchasing the boat). I like my units to communicate and it won’t happen with these 2. I really want to add livescope to the Garmin on the bow. I’m thinking about trying to ditch the HDS Live 9 and go with a new Echomap UHD for the console so that they can link up.

Is this a crazy idea?

For the short time I spent with the Echomap Plus I was impressed, but I haven’t played with the UHD. I do have a Navionics Hot Maps Platinum chip in the HDS already and a ton of Lowrance waypoints, but those can all be reformatted for Garmin if need be. Really don’t want to run 2 graphs on the bow at this time, mainly due to cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for it! Love my Garmin’s!

Comment

I have two of the 93 uhd's. I went with garmin for the fact im adding livescope eventually myself and they are livescope ready.

Comment

Let me know if you decide to get rid of the HDS live. I would be interested in buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
          Let me know if you decide to get rid of the HDS live. I would be interested in buying it.

Send me a PM with an offer, it has the 3-1 transducer only, no active imaging transducer. The only issue is that it’s flush mounted in the console so it doesn’t have the gimbal mount and the seller of the boat did not provide it.

Comment

Humminbird is my choice, The mega side image and down image is unbelievable.

Comment

Now Garmin is equal to humminbird is side scan/down scan, but humminbird is far superior in mapping. I have both on my boat. Canny it’s always nice to have units that link up, if I was you I would do it.

Comment

I would ditch the Lowrance just cause they have to updated all the time.

Comment

Posted it in Classifieds

Comment

I have 3 93sv UHD sitting at home right now. Waiting for jones trolling motor to tell me my garmin force and livescope are in for them to install all of it. Already have 1 93sv plus on my boat

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                      I have 3 93sv UHD sitting at home right now. Waiting for jones trolling motor to tell me my garmin force and livescope are in for them to install all of it. Already have 1 93sv plus on my boat

Nice! That’s a pretty nice setup. Heard that Force is a beast.

Comment

Working...
                      X