Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best treat I have had in a while. Thanks God!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that conversation you got to have is awesome. We went to see my mom last weekend and she can't carry a conversation at this point or tell us who we are, but she kept telling us she loved us and commenting on how beautiful my wife is. Terrible and wonderful all at the same time.

Comment

Prayers for your family. I lost my Mother to this disease last March and it is hard on the family but she is clear now. For the last few years I was about the only one who could get her to do things and Dad would call and say "Tell your Mother to.....". Treasure these moments when they happen.

Comment

Glad you got the hour with your mom and prayers for you all dealing with that horrible disease

Comment

Man that got to me
          Glad you had that hour.

Comment

God Bless you Ryan, glad you had that talk.

Comment

Oh wow, that's tough. I watched my neighbor disappear due to that disease. His wife was a solid rock on the outside, but privately she confided in me about how tough it was.

Prayers for good days and peaceful days.

Comment

That's definitely a blessing.

Comment

My mom passed 2014 from dementia, it was very tough watching her slowly slip away. I too called her every evening at the same time, she would often ask when dad was coming home. He had passed in 1995. Towards the end of her life she told me she looked forward to me calling her every evening, it seemed like her head was cleared of all the troubles that she was going thru, for a day at least. She passed 2 days later. Dementia is a slow horrible disease.

Comment

Best treat I have had in a while. Thanks God!

It is hell. My MIL suffers from it. Hell, we all suffer with it. Today is her best day, because tomorrow will be just the tiniest bit worse. Saddest thing I’ve ever witnessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by curtintex; 04-13-2021, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Wow what a wonderful time that must have been! My father was diagnosed at age 64 and lived another 13 years. Unfortunately he never had one of those moments of clarity that you describe. (not that I know of anyway) It was just a slow downhill slide

Comment

Yes sir, I know exactly what you are dealing with, I watched my great grandmother go thru it as a child, my grandmother as a young adult & now am seeing signs of my mother starting to slip. It is truly a horrible horrible disease & I am glad you got a chance to speak during a moment of clarity.
                        When my grandmother was going thru it she would have good days & bad days. On the good days there were times that she almost didnt seem sick, knew us clearly and even had some memories, on the bad days it was very bad. She knew what days she was good & which ones she wasn't, she would tell us "The door is open today" or "The door is closed today" as soon as we walked in.
                        Very tough thing you are dealing with brother, I know I will be there again with my mother as well, if you ever need anyone to talk or an ear to just vent to feel free to PM, prayers for you

Comment

Glad you had that moment of clarity. I wish it was something you could trigger or make it happen more often.

Comment

God bless

Comment

Prayers for everyone dealing with this, I lost my Mom to dementia in 2017.

Comment

Worse illness in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X