Need some advice on what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice on what to do

In September 2020 I was in a wreck that totaled my 2018 Nissan Titan. Other persons fault. I had GAP insurance also. When making a claim to GAP, I was told to contact Nissan and cancel all add on’s ( extended warranty and things like that). Contacted the dealership and got the correct form filled out and sent back to the dealership. Waited 2 weeks before contacting GAP again only to be told they could not take any info from me because I canceled my GAP. Told them I did what they had told me to do. I argued with them for about 2 weeks on this. I finally called Nissan and told them I was not paying anything else on the truck because it was totaled and I had GAP to cover it but they canceled my GAP. After about 60 days Nissan contacted me wanting a payment, told them again what GAP said and they need to get with GAP for their money. During Christmas I was contacted by the total loss department for Nissan wanting payment, told them what GAP had said again. They looked into it and found out my GAP was canceled by mistake on their part and they reinstated GAP. I got all the necessary paperwork sent in and waited. Got told now my claim was denied because it was past 90 days from when the insurance company paid off their part and GAP was to cover the rest. I have no clue what to do now. I did everything I could and correct, but Nissan’s mistake is about to cost me $12k that I don’t have. Nissan has already put negatives on my credit score.

What are my options now? I only see either I pay ( don’t have the money ), I file Bankruptcy or I hire a lawyer and go after Nissan.

Need some ideas.
    Last edited by tazhunter0; 03-10-2021, 09:18 PM.

Contact an attorney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd lawyer up.

Comment

If the other person is at fault it should be their insurance problem not your.

Comment

Bad situation here. Call a lawyer and document the crap out of everything.

Comment

Lawyer up

Comment

I would think there are records showing the date of the accident and a date showing the date the gap insurance was cancelled. Accident on the 1st, gap cancelled on the 3rd, you were insured on the 1st. Pretty sure I would be calling a lawyer.

Comment

1. Don't buy another Nissan
                2. Get a lawyer.

Comment

contest the credit hit and get a lawyer. Had something similar with health insurance. Hospital calls me and needs my info. When my son went in we spent 2 hrs doing it but somehow it still wasn't correct. Dr office calls and asks me to get it to them again so I go to that Dr office and make sure everything was correct that they have on file. Get a call a couple months later asking for cash payment of a substantial amount and I asked why insurance didn't pay. They said it wasn't filed properly because they didn't have my information correct. I told them I went to their office and made sure they had everything correct after they called me. Lady pauses and asks which window I was at when I did that and I told her and she said I needed to go to the next window which was billing. I said they are no more than 15 feet apart they couldn't have asked how we have been setting up all these appointments I am paying for and the lady basically said not my problem. I told them sorry but that is ridiculous and I have legit insurance that should have paid so I'm not paying anything more than I should owe.They called every couple months but I haven't heard from them in a while. The still pop up from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                    They covered the value of the truck at the time of the wreck. Unfortunately I owed more then what the truck was worth.

Comment

I'd start with having a face to face conversation with the finance manager that sold you the truck. He's put money in his pocket selling you the GAP insurance and should stand behind his product. A phone call from a dealer to either the finance company or GAP insurance might kick start them into doing their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                        It would be great if it worked that way...but it doesn't always. As I found out in my wreck, other party's fault and totaled my truck, some policies have a limit on what they pay. So if the other party is only paying a policy to cover $25k in damage and your truck is worth $40k, the $15k difference goes to your insurance and guess who gets to pay the deductible for a wreck they weren't at fault in? At least that is how it was presented to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                          I'd start with having a face to face conversation with the finance manager that sold you the truck. He's put money in his pocket selling you the GAP insurance and should stand behind his product. A phone call from a dealer to either the finance company or GAP insurance might kick start them into doing their job.
                          If he has a face to face conversation with that guy then we need to start a GoFundMe to bail him out of jail. That won’t go well!

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                            Yep. Face to face will get better results. Everyone is a bad arse when they're on a keyboard.

Comment

Just a update.

The lady in the “ Total Loss Department “ of Nissan went to bat for me with her boss who then got the overall manager involved to deal with the GAP insurance people. They are going to pay off now!!! I might owe a little bit of interest money ( not sure yet ), but that is a lot better then $12k!!! Hopefully everything will be finalized by the end of next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X