X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm interested too if we do a second order

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      Ok guys! WARNING. There is a bit of false advertising on this generator. It says 11,000 watts. But that is SURGE WATTS. The continuous output is only 8,300 watts. Which is roughly 35a. That is still a good amount of power. But beware, just because you are plugged into the 50a plug in the generator DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL GET 50a usable power. The unit is rated for 35a and can handle a short surge of 45a. If running 45a for extended time you will either trip breaker or shorten the life of generator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Help me understand this. Back when I was doing maintenance 1 amp was considered roughly 150 watts. Yours come out to 237w per amp. If I use the 150w figure 8300w = 55a.

Comment

generator group buy

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
        Help me understand this. Back when I was doing maintenance 1 amp was considered roughly 150 watts. Yours come out to 237w per amp. If I use the 150w figure 8300w = 55a.

Don’t know what your calculating. To find amps you divide watts by voltage. 8300w/240v=34.6a

Last edited by FLASH_OUTDOORS; 02-27-2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          That is a big 240v plug, so if you hooked it up to your panel you would not have to rebalance the system or put in a transfer switch. Depending on the size of your house it may run just about everything. I know it would run my shoebox here, I would just have to manually choose either the AC or the water heater. The downside with a 110v generator is you have to have all of your circuits on the same leg. This may require you to move some breakers around, not a huge deal but I do not want to do it at my house. I currently run a small generator and extension cords. I want to be able to plug in 240 into my main panel and manually turn on what I need using the breakers I already have. 11,000 watts if a ton or power and will use a lot of fuel.
          Work around...run double male extension cord between one plug that has power and one that does not. Now both legs are powered. >>>Not OSHA approved<<<

Better idea is to use a 220v genset with 2 legs of 110v.

Comment

Convert watts to amps for DC and single or three-phase AC circuits, plus learn several formulas for watt to amp electrical conversions.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
              Don’t know what your calculating. To find amps you divide watts by voltage. 8300w/240v=34.6a

Not calculating anything. Ballpark/rule of thumb/roughly. As I think about it I think it was 120 w/a

Thanks for that link waterdog.

Comment

Bought this carb for my generator and it runs like a champ on NG for those wanting to swap over.

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like this kit is only rated for 4.5 to 5.5 kw. Do you see any reduced capacity since your generator is rated at considerably higher kw?

Comment

As for a wen, I picked one up for very cheap 5 yrs ago. It was a 5000 w model identicle to the one shown-it had the 12 v battery with a switch to start it along with a pull start. Reason I got it cheap was the box was badly damaged-it turns out the fuel line from the shut off valve to the carburator was missing. I called Wen in the midwest-I wasn't put on hold . Told the guy what I needed, they had one delivered to my house in a couple of days. I'm still using it for hunting and fishing trips to power my cargo trailer./rv conversion. I fired it up last week right before the storm-the battery was dead(I hadnt ran it for 7 mnths). I pull started it-she fired up on the second pull. When I put her up -I make sure the tank is low (if not empty). I shut the fuel valve and let it run till she dries out/shuts down. I'll open that fuel valve when I need it-if the battery is dead it always starts on the second pull. Its been a reliable machine regardless.
                    Oh-I will add, it is a loud sumbitch!
                    Last edited by sticknstring; 03-01-2021, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I'm down for a couple delivery to Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                        I wish they weren’t Chinese. I need a good generator.

The start button is written in English.

Comment

I’m looking forward to getting one...

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmat View Post
                            Looks like this kit is only rated for 4.5 to 5.5 kw. Do you see any reduced capacity since your generator is rated at considerably higher kw?
                            I ordered a enclosure for the generator with a fan, vents and insulation as shown in post #82. I want to be able to have it ready to go with in 5 minutes. It took me a couple of hours during the freeze to get it up and running.
                            It shipped from Georgia and some how it went to New Jersey. Been stuck there since Friday. Once I get it installed I will test and write back.

Comment

Any reviews on these yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X