Purchasing used truck tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchasing used truck tips.

So I’ll be in the market for a used truck in the next few months. I was hoping some of my TBH’rs and some tips on what to look for to save as most money as posible. Is paying the TT&L out of pocket better than financing it? How much wiggle room is there on a used truck more or less? Thanks for your time.

If the price is advertised on the internet, it's probably already their best price. The used market is really competitive right now, so those advertised prices are what drives people to the lots.

Where you can save is in the finance and add-ons. No 3rd party warranties. No added fees or services. Don't pay for a cleaning, nitrogen tires, or any other snake oil.
    When you are approved by their bank, ASK TO SEE THE APPROVAL FROM THE BANK. Otherwise they might bump up the interest rate and make a little more money off you.

The amount you finance is the amount you finance. Doesn't matter if TTL is in there or not. You can pay that in cash or call it your down payment.

Comment

It might take some looking, but your best deals will be private treaty sales, that you can dig up on craigslist or other classifieds. Try and just cut the dealer out. Vehicle prices are outrageous right now, but there are some deals to be found if you buy private treaty. My dad got hold of a Tundra TRD Rock climber addition with fairly low miles. Truck looked brand new. All oil changes and Maintenance done at the dealer. Carfax 1 Owner. Guys buddy bought a new Tundra, and he was looking at the dealership, and they talked him into a new one, and his wife was pressuring him to sell his old truck. $16500. That's a unicorn, but there are deals to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
        So I’ll be in the market for a used truck in the next few months. I was hoping some of my TBH’rs and some tips on what to look for to save as most money as posible. Is paying the TT&L out of pocket better than financing it? How much wiggle room is there on a used truck more or less? Thanks for your time.
        I would say almost no wiggle room, unless it's the last 3 days of the month.

Comment

Whatever you plan on buying spend some time on forums or FB groups that talk about that specific year range, make and model. You will find our really quick if there are any big issues with that truck that would steer you away from it. Also you can find out what guys like/dislike or would do differently if they bought again.

Comment

You ware picking the worst time to buy used. The market is insane and will get worse.
            I’ve been shopping for a used truck for
            My daughter and finally talked a friend into selling his 2010 f150 to me. Same truck off the used lot would have cost me double. Best advice, my best friend is a dealer and he has also been looking for me, everything is ridiculous high right now. Ex. 2011 f150 , ~130k miles $20k
            Is be very patient and try to find an individual to buy from, it will be painful at a dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Look for a “dealer demo” or salesman’s truck. From what I’m told the guys at the dealerships get new vehicles every 6 months or so to boost sales. I got my Silverado with 7k on the clock this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought my 2020 F150 new, for less than what they wanted for a 2019 used. Crazy.

Asked 5k for my 2007 with 265k miles...sold in less than 30 minutes. I thought it was a scam, cuz FB Marketplace...but he was serious. Apparently it was a good deal. The dealerships were only gonna give me 3k for trade in.

Comment

Bump I have a truck I’m interested in but the price seems a bit high. For 3k more I can get a new Silverado 4x4 with the v6 tho...

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                    Bump I have a truck I’m interested in but the price seems a bit high. For 3k more I can get a new Silverado 4x4 with the v6 tho...
                    Haggle on the new one some more. Haggle on your trade also (if you have on)

Comment

Working...
                    X