X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine started fine this morning @ 8*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All Sea Foam has the anti-gel. I talked to mechanic and did some online comparisons and ended up using it : poured in tank then swapped both my fuel filters and soaked them/poured some SF in the canisters. After cycling and letting it sit for over an hour and got it to finally crank. No smoke or other symptoms so fingers crossed...

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
        Mines been starting fine but I haven't been going anywhere so I've been starting it about twice a day and let it idle about 45 min to thaw it out. I did it this morning and when I went out to shut it off, the inside smelled really strong like exhaust fumes and there's an orange area of antifreeze under it. About a 10 in circle in the snow so it doesn't look like a lot. Don't see anything leaking now and can't tell where it came from and the reservoir isn't low. Not sure we whats up.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
        you probably have a 'cold water leak'; more than likely a hose clamp needs a tightening.

Comment

Truck is struggling to start 2015 ram 2500. Can I add this at this point and be fine or do I need to drain the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
            All Sea Foam has the anti-gel. I talked to mechanic and did some online comparisons and ended up using it : poured in tank then swapped both my fuel filters and soaked them/poured some SF in the canisters. After cycling and letting it sit for over an hour and got it to finally crank. No smoke or other symptoms so fingers crossed...

We’re your fuel line gelled up too?

Comment

Had 2 people call me today ask if I had any power serve anti gel today because there trucks have gelled up. I buy it by the gallon to run it in tractor and trucks doesn’t work after it happens. Good insurance

Comment

Originally posted by RyHolub View Post
                We’re your fuel line gelled up too?

Pour SF/Anti-gel in canisters and let sit for a while + prime and it’s supposed to unclog lines (just read feedback that gel will move through lines. It’s the filters that gum up. It worked for me is all I can say..

Comment

On my way to auto parts to get seafoam and fuel filters. Anything else I need?

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                    you probably have a 'cold water leak'; more than likely a hose clamp needs a tightening.
                    Thanks. I shut it off and let it cool back down for several hours. I started it back up and drove to town with no issues so hopefully it was just a one time deal. I'll keep and eye on it tho.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                      Thanks. I shut it off and let it cool back down for several hours. I started it back up and drove to town with no issues so hopefully it was just a one time deal. I'll keep and eye on it tho.

You happen to have a Dodge 5.9? I had an 06 and the first time I used the plug in heater, I started getting a small coolant leak. Evidently it was common after using the heater block. I either tightened the hose clamp or put another one on. Was a little pain to get to but nothing big. Never leaked again.

Comment

So just figured out my 2020 ram 2500 doesn't have a heater cord. It has a ****ing heater but no ****ing cord. Why the **** would you install a block heater on every motor and not a ****ing cord. ****

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
                          You happen to have a Dodge 5.9? I had an 06 and the first time I used the plug in heater, I started getting a small coolant leak. Evidently it was common after using the heater block. I either tightened the hose clamp or put another one on. Was a little pain to get to but nothing big. Never leaked again.
                          No its 2012 6.7 F350. I didn't even have it plugged in. Electricity is out at home. But It starts fine everytime even without it plugged in. I just had that one wierd issue. Drove it around town and no more leaks so hopefully it was a one n done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
                            Been driving my Titan XD multiple times yesterday- no issues. Put additive in this morning and will use hair dryer on my fuel filters a little today just to be safe. Fingers crossed...

Me too, my cummins Titan started this morning. Was a hard start but it started. Added some stabill this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomstick View Post
                              So just figured out my 2020 ram 2500 doesn't have a heater cord. It has a ****ing heater but no ****ing cord. Why the **** would you install a block heater on every motor and not a ****ing cord. ****

exactly my thoughts after crawling under the duramax in the snow to finally locate the block heater and no cord.
                              bullsnot

Comment

My 99 Dodge been going good and cranked easily at 2 degrees this morning without anti gel. My dads 03 Dodge runs 2 seconds and dies. No anti gel. I bought him a bottle today but I think he also needs to replace filter.

Comment

Working...
                                X