X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
    Will it un gel when it warms up?
    Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
    Am I correct in assuming it will ungel when temp comes back up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    According to the all knowing Google. It will unveil once it warms up.
    Attached Files

Comment

I put this in mine yesterday
      It fired right up this morning in 1 degree air temp. Let it run about 45 min to thaw windows out and no issues.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2018 F250 cranked right up this morning... was around 17. I drove around a little yesterday and let it sit in the driveway turned on for an hour or so at dark.

Comment

Anyone ever use this stuff? It was all I could find the other day, put it in the tank. No start today.

Comment

I’ve got imagine there are a lot of gas powered HD truck owners reading these cold diesel threads and smiling.

A truck idling 24/7 sounds crazy. Are they pre DEF trucks?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
              I’ve got imagine there are a lot of gas powered HD truck owners reading these cold diesel threads and smiling.

A truck idling 24/7 sounds crazy. Are they pre DEF trucks?

Comment

Been driving my Titan XD multiple times yesterday- no issues. Put additive in this morning and will use hair dryer on my fuel filters a little today just to be safe. Fingers crossed...

Comment

Mine gelled yesterday, added some of this and had to changed fuel filter, been ok today so far

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RyHolub View Post

Anyone ever use this stuff? It was all I could find the other day, put it in the tank. No start today.

Did you run/drive the truck after putting it in? Needs to mix and circulate through the fuel system.

Just putting it in the tank does nothing because the fuel lines and filters are what get cold and gel first

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                      Did you run/drive the truck after putting it in? Needs to mix and circulate through the fuel system.

Just putting it in the tank does nothing because the fuel lines and filters are what get cold and gel first

Yep. Had a 35 minute drive back home after adding it. Never been in single digit temps to low teens for longer than a few hours. Guess now that I’m living in Dallas it’s time to learn a thing or two.

Comment

Power finally came back on so I’ve got it plugged in and will try again in a few hours if power holds up . Side note the little ram 1500 gasser fired right up [emoji2357]

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post

Dave yes I added it on Saturday and drove it both Saturday and Sunday to make sure it got though the system well - I’m very disappointed to say the least

Comment

Run Howe's every tank, year round. There is enough crappy fuel around, it is cheap insurance.

I've kept my '08 6.7 plugged in since Friday.

6 degrees and @5 inches of snow here this morning, temp gauge said the water was 92.

Fired right up and went for more generator gas.

Comment

An hour plugged in and she fired right up [emoji106]

Comment

Yep mine won’t start - luckily I have spare fuel filters/wil swap tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X