Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RyanHolder View Post
    Go Jura and you'll never look back.
    I'm sure they're great, but no way I'm spending that much.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
      I'm the most indecisive person, especially when I know little about something. I've researched & learned more than I'll ever need to know about pulling shots of espresso, frothing milk, grinding beans, etc...

That being said I'm leaning hard towards the Breville.

Man I hear you on that. Idk crap about any of it and that’s a lot of money to spend on a coffee maker haha. That being said I’m leaning towards breville as well. Hell idk

Comment

I’m glad I just drink black coffee. I’m too cheap for other route. But have used a Jura at someone’s house and they loved it

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          I’m glad I just drink black coffee. I’m too cheap for other route. But have used a Jura at someone’s house and they loved it
          Yea the only way my wife & daughter are going to use a Jura is at someone else's house[emoji16]

Comment

Heck I’m too cheap to Keurig. Those pods are expensive and they taste like chemical to me. I just goto WalMart and buy the 3 pound cans of McDonalds Breakfast blend and run it in my Mr Coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              My wife has the Breville Barista Pro. She uses it everyday and loves it.

I still use our old coffee maker because I like my coffee ready when my feet hit the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Bought my wife this same one just not quite as fancy, I got her the Breville Barista Express this summer. It can be had at Bed Bath and Beyond online for $600 right now. I also bought her the cleaning tabs and stuff to clean it, ended up right at 700 dollars. It already has a grinder built in so will save some money there.

My wife absolutely loves hers. Had it since August and she makes at least one cup of coffee a day with it and most days 2. If she is drinking starbucks or something like that everyday out side the house that is store bought it doesn't take long and you will make your $700 back quickly. There are some great videos online on how to operate them as well, how to set the grind size and amount, how to steam the milk, how to fluff the milk, etc. Just type in how to make a capuccino or latte breville barista express, will get lots of options. It looks scary and hard to run when you first dig it out and just looking at it but after about 2 weeks of fiddling with it she has her settings figured out and is actually getting decent even at making latte art now. Also you can use regular ground coffee and just skip the grinder or use whole beans. Just figure out what settings to use for each and you will be golden.

For beans she is a big fan of the Caribou Coffee Fox Expresso which is a dark roast whole bean. But I recently got her a bag of Arbuckles Ariosa Dark whole bean and she liked it quite a bit as well. But she likes a dark rich coffee.

For flavors she has been using Jordans Skinny Syrups, she adds a capful of the flavor to a double shot espresso plus milk and she likes it a lot. She can make a cup of coffee on this thing that tastes way better than anything you can get instore somewhere.

Machine

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
                Want to bump this thread back up. Did you make a decision yet? My wife had been talking about wanting an espresso machine, she stood at Starbucks eve day before work so I know it will be used a lot. Going back and forth between the breville and one from saeco that’s automatic.
                So just to run some math on this if you make a double shot cup of coffee everyday my wife uses 1 1lb bag every 3-4 weeks so lets say 3.5 weeks. At $20 dollars a bag that is $300 a year for just coffee. Milk and flavors looking at 35 bucks every 2 months so $210 a year. So for coffee alone looking at $510 bucks so for misc stuff lets say $550 a year or $1.50 a cup, if spend money on premium beans and such round it up to $1.75 a cup.

If going to starbucks and getting a large everyday you looking at $4.50 a cup minimum 5 days a week if before work so looking at 260 cups a year at $4.5 a pop is $1200 a year in coffee rounded up that doesn't include weekends or anything like that or splurging and getting the closer to $6 a cup stuff.

So you save every year $550 dollars assuming it cost you $4.5 for 260 work days from starbucks, and $1.75 a cup for 365 days at home. So first year you pay for the machine, every year after that is $550 bucks you can spend on corn or a new rifle or... That is probably a little low honestly you probably will save more than that on fuel to the starbucks if out of the way and after taxes probably paying closer to $5-6 a cup at starbucks. This is how I justified buying the nicer $600 machine. It just didn't make sense not to, and you get better coffee to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                  So just to run some math on this if you make a double shot cup of coffee everyday my wife uses 1 1lb bag every 3-4 weeks so lets say 3.5 weeks. At $20 dollars a bag that is $300 a year for just coffee. Milk and flavors looking at 35 bucks every 2 months so $210 a year. So for coffee alone looking at $510 bucks so for misc stuff lets say $550 a year or $1.50 a cup, if spend money on premium beans and such round it up to $1.75 a cup.

If going to starbucks and getting a large everyday you looking at $4.50 a cup minimum 5 days a week if before work so looking at 260 cups a year at $4.5 a pop is $1200 a year in coffee rounded up that doesn't include weekends or anything like that or splurging and getting the closer to $6 a cup stuff.

So you save every year $550 dollars assuming it cost you $4.5 for 260 work days from starbucks, and $1.75 a cup for 365 days at home. So first year you pay for the machine, every year after that is $550 bucks you can spend on corn or a new rifle or... That is probably a little low honestly you probably will save more than that on fuel to the starbucks if out of the way and after taxes probably paying closer to $5-6 a cup at starbucks. This is how I justified buying the nicer $600 machine. It just didn't make sense not to, and you get better coffee to boot.

Yes sir that’s how I’m thinking about it! In the long run it will save some money plus have better coffee. Feel like half the time Starbucks always burns the beans anyways. I’m leaning towards the breville. It looks to be built to a better quality the the saeco It’s just that the saeco is more convenient, but once you get the breville down it will be a better product.

Comment

This little thing makes a good espresso on the stovetop. It might be a good place to start to see if you really want to take the plunge for a more expensive machine.

https://www.target.com/p/home-basics...25#lnk=sametab.

Comment

I've been using the Breville Cafe Roma Espresso Maker Model ESP8XL for close to 15 years. I believe it was discontinued several years ago for a newer, upgrade model. Zero complaints as it works off pressure. Crema is OK but I wanted to upgrade to something different.

recently purchased a Nespresso (made by Breville) VertuoLine Chrome Coffee/Espresso Maker Bundle. The expresso and crema are awesome and made through centrifugal force at 7,000 rpm. Nespresso is running a huge sale right now as the model below with froather retails for $259 and price was $159. Pods run around $1 each as I plan on buying the machined stainless steel aftermarket pod ($35) since I roast and grind my own beans

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        I've been using the Breville Cafe Roma Espresso Maker Model ESP8XL for close to 15 years. I believe it was discontinued several years ago for a newer, upgrade model. Zero complaints as it works off pressure. Crema is OK but I wanted to upgrade to something different.

recently purchased a Nespresso (made by Breville) VertuoLine Chrome Coffee/Espresso Maker Bundle. The expresso and crema are awesome and made through centrifugal force at 7,000 rpm. Nespresso is running a huge sale right now as the model below with froather retails for $259 and price was $159. Pods run around $1 each as I plan on buying the machined stainless steel aftermarket pod ($35) since I roast and grind my own beans

I've looked at a lot of the various Nespresso machines & they all seem to have good reviews. And you're right... both Amazon & Bed Bath & Beyond have them all on sale.

Do you prefer the single serve pod over your Breville? It seems convenient.

Comment

Do you prefer the single serve pod over your Breville? It seems convenient.
                          on the Cafe Roma, I can do a single-shot (1 ounce) or double-shot (2 ounces) of espresso. I can keep the machined running/turned on and make a 4 ounce cup of coffee. In 2005, the Cafe Roma was an awesome machine. It has since been discontinued and there are lots of better coffee maker machines on the market.

with the Nespresso Vertuo, you insert the various size pods to make espresso or coffee ranging from 1.35 ozs ($ .85 per pod) to 18 ozs - carry mug size ($1.60 per pod). Basically it's gonna cost around $1.00 per cup of your favorite coffee.

The Nespresso Vertuo is easier to use, and a much better cup of coffee ... not even close. Once I get the stainless re-usable pod, my cost per cup of coffee will be stupid cheap since I buy raw beans and roast them myself with a $20 air popcorn machine.

.https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/vertuo-coffee-pods

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
                            Yes sir that’s how I’m thinking about it! In the long run it will save some money plus have better coffee. Feel like half the time Starbucks always burns the beans anyways. I’m leaning towards the breville. It looks to be built to a better quality the the saeco It’s just that the saeco is more convenient, but once you get the breville down it will be a better product.
                            Which Saeco have you been looking at? I personally like the idea of fully auto, but have read that it may not be the quality of the semi-auto. I do see that Phillips has the 3200 that is along the same price point as the Breville Express, and from what I gathered Phillips bought Saeco a couple years ago.

Comment

I like a plan old coffee pot. I hate standing in line for 10 minutes while the dang new thingamajiggy pee's out 4 cups of coffee in the mornings.

Comment

Which Saeco have you been looking at? I personally like the idea of fully auto, but have read that it may not be the quality of the semi-auto. I do see that Phillips has the 3200 that is along the same price point as the Breville Express, and from what I gathered Phillips bought Saeco a couple years ago.

I been looking at the Saeco PicoBaristo super automatic. I have read the same thing that it may not be as good of quality but still a really good machine. You are right Phillips bought them out.

I think you can make a better cup of coffee with a semi automatic. The brevile I was looking at was the barista touch. I need to decide something real soon lol Christmas is about to be here.

Comment

Working...
                                X