Recteq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
    What pellets have you guys had the best luck with?
    Lumberjack

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

What pellets have you guys had the best luck with?
      I have tried B&B, Reqteq, and Lumberjack. So far I prefer the Lumberjack pellets.
      I have heard good reviews for cooking pellets, but no one carries them around here and they are expensive to ship. I would be interested in a group buy if anyone else is...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        I have tried B&B, Reqteq, and Lumberjack. So far I prefer the Lumberjack pellets.
        I have heard good reviews for cooking pellets, but no one carries them around here and they are expensive to ship. I would be interested in a group buy if anyone else is...

I’ve seen lumberjack mentioned several times. I’m going to check the local dealer to see what their selection is like. If that doesn’t pan out I’d entertain a group buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve seen lumberjack mentioned several times. I’m going to check the local dealer to see what their selection is like. If that doesn’t pan out I’d entertain a group buy.

I work in Conroe and found a place that sells the lumberjack pellets in 20 and 40 lb bags. They had a nice selection last time I was there.
          I see you hunt in Limestone County. Not far from where I live in Centerville.
          I would be more than happy to pick up whatever you want.

Comment

I've been checking these out and intend to pull the trigger sometime next year. The one thing I'm trying to figure out is whether to go with the 700 or 590. I envision only having to cook for a larger crowd a handful of times a year. How many racks of ribs could fit on the 590 at once?

I'm thinking the 590 would be more efficient when using it during the week but don't want to sacrifice my ability to serve a crowd. (talk about 1st world problems...)

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
              I've been checking these out and intend to pull the trigger sometime next year. The one thing I'm trying to figure out is whether to go with the 700 or 590. I envision only having to cook for a larger crowd a handful of times a year. How many racks of ribs could fit on the 590 at once?

I'm thinking the 590 would be more efficient when using it during the week but don't want to sacrifice my ability to serve a crowd. (talk about 1st world problems...)

Go bigger if you can afford it. I went with the 340 as I’m usually only cooking for my wife and I , and a few at deer camp. It’s big enough for a brisket so thought it would be ok. Same day I got delivered my buddy shot a small pig and we wanted to smoke it . Was only able to fit the butt and shoulders.

Comment

Does Rec Tec have regular sales through the year? 4th of July? Black Friday?

Comment

I struggled with this decision as well.
                  From my research on pellet grill forums, nobody that went with the 700 wished they went with a smaller grill. There were several that went with the 590 that wished they had bought the 700.
                  The 700 has 2 more years of warranty over the 590 as well.

Comment

^^^ Funny, that's the argument I used with my wife when we built our shop. No one has ever said, "Man I wish we would have built a smaller shop."

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      I work in Conroe and found a place that sells the lumberjack pellets in 20 and 40 lb bags. They had a nice selection last time I was there.
                      I see you hunt in Limestone County. Not far from where I live in Centerville.
                      I would be more than happy to pick up whatever you want.
                      I'm going to check what my local store has first, but maybe one of these days we can meet up, swap some bbq recipes and have a beer. I'm itching to get cooking on this thing.

Comment

^^^ Funny, that's the argument I used with my wife when we built our shop. No one has ever said, "Man I wish we would have built a smaller shop."
                        Lol! Yea...I wish my shop was bigger...

Comment

I'm going to check what my local store has first, but maybe one of these days we can meet up, swap some bbq recipes and have a beer. I'm itching to get cooking on this thing.

Comment

I debated this with myself over and over. Probably why it took me a year to decide between Grilla and Recteq and then the size. A friend of mine just bought the largest Traeger he could find because he's just one of those guys, but has told me about 3 times now he wishes he would have gone smaller because he uses a ton of pellets just to cook for his family. I mainly cook for me and my boys with the occasional friend and family bbq. I think the 590 will suit me well.

Comment

I debated this with myself over and over. Probably why it took me a year to decide between Grilla and Recteq and then the size. A friend of mine just bought the largest Traeger he could find because he's just one of those guys, but has told me about 3 times now he wishes he would have gone smaller because he uses a ton of pellets just to cook for his family. I mainly cook for me and my boys with the occasional friend and family bbq. I think the 590 will suit me well.
                              I got the RT590 and spent the money I saved from not getting the 700 on accessories and pellets. Plenty of room for us.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                                I got the RT590 and spent the money I saved from not getting the 700 on accessories and pellets. Plenty of room for us.
                                I missed the black friday sale to get the competition cart but honestly not mad about it, i plan to bring this back and forth from the house to my camper and the larger cart would be a pain. I ended up getting a cover and the front shelf and plan on ordering a set of Grill Grates.

Comment

Working...
                                X