Coffee/Cappaccino/Espresso Machines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a quick search and like always this has been discussed before, but most of the threads are older and new machines have been released since then. I am not a coffee drinker and know nothing about cappaccino or espresso. That being said my wife and daughter drink this stuff like crazy. I know we have a Keurig, cold brew contraption, & French press.

I'd like to buy a cappaccuno/espresso machine for Christmas, but not sure which direction to go. It looks like there are several in the $100-200 range, then several in the $500+ range. I've also read about auto, semi-auto, & manual and that one with some sort of auto feature is better for home use.

When researching "best" machines for 2020 the Breville machines seem to be at the top of every list with Nespresso & DeLonghi using somewhere on the list too. I'd prefer the best bang for the buck, but if the $500 machine is far superior to the $200 one I'm not opposed to spending the money.

Any suggestions?

Along the same note I'm guessing I need to get a decent grinder too...any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Not much on coffee either. That would be a gift card gift......let them figure it out.....[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a 400ish nespresso 2 years ago for Christmas. Major upgrade over my kuerig.

Comment

My boss bought us all cheapie $50 espresso machines and I've been loving it. Not sure I ever want to go back to a pot of coffee.

I'd imagine with the more expensive machines you have better steam control for frothing and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
          I got a 400ish nespresso 2 years ago for Christmas. Major upgrade over my kuerig.
          The Nespressos take the pods right? If so are you limited to only pods or can you also do fresh ground?

Comment

I bought a Brevelle for $500ish about 8 years ago. It hardly ever gets used because I'm lazy when it comes to making coffee. Well, maybe not lazy but making espresso is less convenient that a pot of coffee. I set up the coffee pot the night before and when I wake up the coffee is ready.

Comment

My wife has the Breville Barista Pro. She uses it everyday and loves it.

I still use our old coffee maker because I like my coffee ready when my feet hit the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                My wife has the Breville Barista Pro. She uses it everyday and loves it.

I still use our old coffee maker because I like my coffee ready when my feet hit the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Good to hear some positive feedback. This seems to be #1 on every consumer "best" list, just haven't decided if it's several hundred better than others.

Comment

We’ve been using a neapeesso for several years, been happy with it.

Comment

Breville is one of the best out there right now. I believe some of them come with a built in grinder, but otherwise you will need to find a good grinder as well. Espresso machines need a very fine grind, which your standard grinder isn't capable of achieving.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                      Did a quick search and like always this has been discussed before, but most of the threads are older and new machines have been released since then. I am not a coffee drinker and know nothing about cappaccino or espresso. That being said my wife and daughter drink this stuff like crazy. I know we have a Keurig, cold brew contraption, & French press.

I'd like to buy a cappaccuno/espresso machine for Christmas, but not sure which direction to go. It looks like there are several in the $100-200 range, then several in the $500+ range. I've also read about auto, semi-auto, & manual and that one with some sort of auto feature is better for home use.

When researching "best" machines for 2020 the Breville machines seem to be at the top of every list with Nespresso & DeLonghi using somewhere on the list too. I'd prefer the best bang for the buck, but if the $500 machine is far superior to the $200 one I'm not opposed to spending the money.

Any suggestions?

Along the same note I'm guessing I need to get a decent grinder too...any recommendations?

Thanks,
                      Brandon

Let's just say I drink a LOT of cappucino. I purchased one of the "superautomatics". It has a bean hopper and a milk pitcher... You take the pitcher out of the fridge, connect it to the machine, and press the go button. I use an Italian brand of bean from Lavazza. What comes out of the nozzle is every bit as good as the best I've had. I.e. summer moon, mozarts, monkey's nest, etc. Starbucks doesn't count. Their coffee beans are roasted until they are essentially burned...

Everyone who's had a cup of cap at my house leaves wanting to spend the money on a quality machine.

If you want to do it, you'll have to spend close to a grand for a decent machine. You can try seattle coffee gear and look at their refurbished to save some money.

Any less will be less, but the nespresso machine with the milk pitcher is a really good second place but the little pods are really expensive over time!

This is the one I have:
                      Recycling isn't just a concept applied to bottles and cans! Through our returns (to us or the manufacturer), we have a steady supply of used machines that we refurbish and resale at a lower sticker price.What is a refurbished machine? Check out this page here for more information!
                      Last edited by ken800; 12-05-2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                        Let's just say I drink a LOT of cappucino. I purchased one of the "superautomatics". It has a bean hopper and a milk pitcher... You take the pitcher out of the fridge, connect it to the machine, and press the go button. I use an Italian brand of bean from Lavazza. What comes out of the nozzle is every bit as good as the best I've had. I.e. summer moon, mozarts, monkey's nest, etc. Starbucks doesn't count. Their coffee beans are roasted until they are essentially burned...

Everyone who's had a cup of cap at my house leaves wanting to spend the money on a quality machine.

If you want to do it, you'll have to spend close to a grand for a decent machine. You can try seattle coffee gear and look at their refurbished to save some money.

Any less will be less, but the nespresso machine with the milk pitcher is a really good second place but the little pods are really expensive over time!

This is the one I have:
                        https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/sa...ed-refurbished
                        Thanks for the valuable input.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                          Thanks for the valuable input.

Want to bump this thread back up. Did you make a decision yet? My wife had been talking about wanting an espresso machine, she stood at Starbucks eve day before work so I know it will be used a lot. Going back and forth between the breville and one from saeco that’s automatic.

Comment

Go Jura and you'll never look back.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
                              Want to bump this thread back up. Did you make a decision yet? My wife had been talking about wanting an espresso machine, she stood at Starbucks eve day before work so I know it will be used a lot. Going back and forth between the breville and one from saeco that’s automatic.
                              I'm the most indecisive person, especially when I know little about something. I've researched & learned more than I'll ever need to know about pulling shots of espresso, frothing milk, grinding beans, etc...

That being said I'm leaning hard towards the Breville.

Comment

Working...
                              X