No announcement yet.

Would You Mount It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do it. Surely it won’t cost that much...does it???

Comment

I mount lots of birds and doves are by far the toughest to mount. That being said I would only send it to a taxidermist that has proven their selves mounting doves. Danny Owens in Lubbock is who I would talk to. I wouldn't touch it!

FB Page

Comment

Originally posted by WildThings View Post
        I mount lots of birds and doves are by far the toughest to mount. That being said I would only send it to a taxidermist that has proven their selves mounting doves. Danny Owens in Lubbock is who I would talk to. I wouldn't touch it!

FB Page
        Well I would hope he could do a good job with a dove since it looks like he has Yodas down
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
          Do it!!!!

Hopefully for less than $500. But I'd definitely do it!
          Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Do it. Surely it won’t cost that much...does it???
          You'd be surprised. Tiny animals are harder to do than average sized ones, and think about how easily a doves feathers come out when you just put them in a game bag.

I'd be prepared for at least $500.

Comment

No. But, let us know how it tasted.

Comment

I’d mount it for sure

Comment

Yes. If I was committed I’d get it done right, ive seen some bad ones

Comment

Looks too much like a pigeon. Cool lookin ringer.

Comment

Probably not but I am completely out of room

Comment

Id have a mount done, as long as cost isn't outrageous and I knew someone good with birds

Comment

Originally posted by WildThings View Post

FB Page

Dang he has a pair on there that look really good!

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                          Well I would hope he could do a good job with a dove since it looks like he has Yodas down
                          I just spit Dr Pepper all over my monitor.
                          That is some funny stuff right there!
                          I needed that

Sure, Do It. Everyone will look at it and say. Why did you mount a pigeon? You will say it is a dove. They will say I have never seen one anything like that before. Mission accomplished.
                          Last edited by Abcdj; 09-16-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Had you carted me around all these years instead of Jason...I would be paying for that mount for you!

Mount it for sure if price fits your pocketbook (I would be thinking same thing if I had shot it).

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            I shot this awesome ring neck last week and am considering getting it mounted. Would you? What’s the cut off price where you wouldn’t? $500? $700? (I haven’t researched enough to actually know the cost)

Major consideration for me is a trophy room being built soon and would like some diversity. I have mostly deer but also an aoudad, fish and a pheasant.

What y’all think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                              Had you carted me around all these years instead of Jason...I would be paying for that mount for you!

He'd have charged you to put up with you so he'd have plenty of money set back to pay for it....

Comment

Maybe...it would add to the expense but a flying mount next to a couple other ring necks for contrast would be cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X