Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-14-2020, 12:10 AM   #1
Tauzin22
Spike

Hunt In: Edna, Hardin/Hull, Danbury
Default Moving to Mont Belvieu area help

Will be moving to Mont Belvieu area soon for work. Was just curious if anyone had any ideas or suggestions on where to live in the Mont Belvieu area. Iíve looked at Eaglebrook apartments and Ravella apartments but didnít know if those were good spots to be or not. Iíve also looked at Zillow to see if any houses for rent are available. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Tauzin22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 12:26 AM   #2
CSanders
Ten Point

Hunt In: Palestine

Eaglebrook is right in the middle of MB and a good spot to be if your working close by. I'm sure they might be a little more than apartments in Baytown, but if you want a better location with a lot less riff raff then stay in MB.
If you are looking for a rent house reach out to the Remax office on eagle drive. They have a lot of good realtors.
CSanders is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 12:28 AM   #3
Tauzin22
Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanders View Post
Eaglebrook is right in the middle of MB and a good spot to be if your working close by. I'm sure they might be a little more than apartments in Baytown, but if you want a better location with a lot less riff raff then stay in MB.
If you are looking for a rent house reach out to the Remax office on eagle drive. They have a lot of good realtors.
Thank you sir!
Old 09-15-2020, 06:34 AM   #4
CB_TxNole
Six Point

Hunt In: Water Valley

Depends what ya wanna do, if you have a family ect. I worked in Mont Belvieu for years but lived in Houston. Found the apartments to be the same price and the drive wasn't bad. I also had 14 days off a month though and didn't want to be bored. If I ever work there again I'm sure I'll buy in the area though. Houses are expensive there.
CB_TxNole is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 06:40 AM   #5
K. Lane
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kendall County Texas

Don’t let CSanders confuse (on accident of course) but you can live in Baytown but be in Mont Belvieu...some places in Baytown are closer to being Mont Belvieu than Mont Belvieu is
K. Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 06:54 AM   #6
Les
Administrator

Hunt In: Frio County

There are some houses for rent in my neighborhood. I'm in Pinehurst II, about 2 miles south of I10 on sh146.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:03 AM   #7
VinnysquidTX
Six Point

Hunt In: West of Here

I second Pinehurst. Lived there for 7 years and work in Mont Belvieu. I moved about a 1/4 of a mile down the road to Tanglewilde and have about a 10 minute commute to work if i hit the light at I10.
VinnysquidTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 08:14 AM   #8
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Polk/San Jacinto

My sister lives there as well as a couple of co-workers. Great schools and is developing like crazy. I know one has had a lot of problems from the house he bought from Anglia homes, might be a builder to avoid.
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 08:33 AM   #9
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

You know if you do not move to "Barbers Hill" you will be considered 2nd tier
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 09:31 AM   #10
CB_TxNole
Six Point

Hunt In: Water Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
You know if you do not move to "Barbers Hill" you will be considered 2nd tier

These are the facts. Never understood it really, I mean until recently all they had was 2 dollar stores, a pizza hut, and thriftee. Oh and a heck of a good golf course! I will say that lol
CB_TxNole is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 09:58 AM   #11
Mofo
Eight Point

Hunt In: Dewitt County

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB_TxNole View Post
These are the facts. Never understood it really, I mean until recently all they had was 2 dollar stores, a pizza hut, and thriftee. Oh and a heck of a good golf course! I will say that lol

I wish that was all we still had. People started moving here for the small town feel, then want to change it to the area they left.

Freshman still go through initiation every year with parent oversight and approval.

You can drive by the high school and see Texas and American flags flying in the beds of trucks.
Mofo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 10:10 AM   #12
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx

Can’t stop progress just help guide it in the right direction by staying involved.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 10:12 AM   #13
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

I can tell you one thing! Impressive growth with highly regarded school system...........lots of taxes being collected from the refinery business! Congrats on the opportunity.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 10:22 AM   #14
Lungbustr
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
I wish that was all we still had. People started moving here for the small town feel, then want to change it to the area they left.

Freshman still go through initiation every year with parent oversight and approval.

You can drive by the high school and see Texas and American flags flying in the beds of trucks.

Well it started as a 1 room schoolhouse, dirt roads and a hand drawn ferry across old river. Our old place started with a team of mules and 13 acres on the banks of Old River right where it empties into Old River Lake.

More people moved. in It still wasnt anything but rice or marsh. Tallow trees didnt exist in the United States. It all got worked with teams of mules. Once tractors came on the scene the soybeans were planted as cover crops to build soil then plowed under.

It really started going down hill when they built the interstate in the 50's and split our farm. Abandoned the old home place on the edge of the river (crawfish hideaway location) for the new one to the west. Even more people moved in.

A market for soybeans developed and they got cut and sold in addition to the rice. More people moved in.

In the 90s the rice market went to shiat. More people moved in. Sold the farm land in the late 90s. It has since been developed and more people moved in.

Sold the last place the family farm operated from in 2015 or so when hwy 99 construction ruined it. Grandma finally got her a nice new house that they didnt even have to build themselves this time. She got to enjoy it 4 years or so before she passed. They finally knocked the old box blind down a few months ago after working around it for the last year.

It was all really nice all those years of rice farming, growing up with room to run and do whatever you wanted.

We sure wish all those people would have never moved in. It was a lot nicer before they showed up. Is that how you remember it?

Still live in the area. Most of us are family and neighbors still just like on the farm. We just have a whole lot of stragers living next to us also.

Last edited by Lungbustr; 09-15-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Lungbustr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #15
Hogwild84
Eight Point

Hunt In: Groesbeck

We love the Mont Belvieu/Barbers Hill area. Low tax rate and excellent schools. Yes it is growing too fast but it is what it is. Great place to raise kids (for now), hopefully it stays that way.
Hogwild84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 12:06 PM   #16
Hogwild84
Eight Point

If you have any questions about the area feel free to call or text 281-455-0211.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:23 PM   #17
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria & Re„l county

I am also looking in the area. My dad has worked on the hill for 37 years are what is Targa now. I know that the town is not the same town from yesteryear but I think the community does try to keep the small town charm in every way they can. Barbers Hill is cliquish, you have been warned. It doesn't bother me because I can usually get along with anyone but its a very us vs them mentality sometimes. For me the benefits of great schools and proximity to Houston and family outweigh the negatives. I grew up in Huffman so I am already familiar with the politics of small towns.
Wall_Hanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 09:37 PM   #18
WildThings
Ten Point

Hunt In: None at the moment

I've been here for 36 years, my wife is a native. So we have seen the changes!!

My son has a home for rent in the MB area..Check it out

Mont Belvieu Home
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 09:57 PM   #19
SwampRanger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Batson

Great police department and very very low crime rate.
SwampRanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 09:58 PM   #20
3DW5
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon Co, Jim Hogg and Starr Co.

Live in Deer Park and drive to MB...
3DW5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 10:13 PM   #21
Grndchecker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County, TX

Quote:
Riff-Raff? I resemble that remark.

Pinehurst 1 and 2 usually have a few houses for rent available. The traffic on 146 itself can be bad at times, but bearable.
Moving to BH and you are required to wear the blue BH T-shirts and hold your pinkie out when you drink your Latte.
Grndchecker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 11:53 PM   #22
Horsefly
Eight Point

A couple of brand new apartment complexes on Kilgore pkwy. You can see Mont Belvieu probably from the second floor. Good luck with your re-location. Rent for awhile as you learn more about the area.
Horsefly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 03:21 AM   #23
tps7742
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DW5 View Post
Live in Deer Park and drive to MB...
Imo Barbers Hill is what Deer Park was a couple decades ago. We lived in Deer Park for 30 plus years prior to retirement. You see some Interesting looking individuals walking Center Steet these days.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:29 AM   #24
ptaylortx
Four Point

Hunt In: Newton County, Houston County, Angelina County and South Texas

Check out the Banana Bend Bowbenders archery club in that area. They have some decent 3d shoots to keep your skills sharp. Just bring your rubber boots.
ptaylortx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 06:18 AM   #25
hogslayer78
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Augustine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tps7742 View Post
Imo Barbers Hill is what Deer Park was a couple decades ago. We lived in Deer Park for 30 plus years prior to retirement. You see some Interesting looking individuals walking Center Steet these days.
You are 100% correct about that! I work in Deer park and no way would I live there.
hogslayer78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 06:25 AM   #26
Hogwild84
Eight Point

Quote:
Youíre correct. We are from deer park.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:36 AM   #27
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
I am also looking in the area. My dad has worked on the hill for 37 years are what is Targa now. I know that the town is not the same town from yesteryear but I think the community does try to keep the small town charm in every way they can. Barbers Hill is cliquish, you have been warned. It doesn't bother me because I can usually get along with anyone but its a very us vs them mentality sometimes. For me the benefits of great schools and proximity to Houston and family outweigh the negatives. I grew up in Huffman so I am already familiar with the politics of small towns.
Warren Gas used to look down at Enterprise's little facility. Now, Enterprise looks down at little old Targa I bet your dad misses the Warren Gas days.

The old mayor Lonnie Follis worked at the Galena Park facility with me years ago.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 06:48 AM   #28
deerplanter
Ten Point

If your looking for rental property I would suggest Baytown area. If you have school age kids then MB is good but not what it was when my kids went there. You may even want to look in Liberty county for a rent house.
deerplanter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 07:21 AM   #29
CSanders
Ten Point

Hunt In: Palestine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grndchecker View Post
Riff-Raff? I resemble that remark.

Pinehurst 1 and 2 usually have a few houses for rent available. The traffic on 146 itself can be bad at times, but bearable.
Moving to BH and you are required to wear the blue BH T-shirts and hold your pinkie out when you drink your Latte.
I never said everyone from Baytown was trash. Just saying if you get into most of the apartments in Baytown then your going to deal with it.

Iím from Anahuac and itís not all pleasant either. Weíre actually going to move back that way soon.
CSanders is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 08:05 AM   #30
Hogwild84
Eight Point

Quote:
I never said everyone from Baytown was trash. Just saying if you get into most of the apartments in Baytown then your going to deal with it.

Iím from Anahuac and itís not all pleasant either. Weíre actually going to move back that way soon.
you better call me first before you sale your house, I may want it (even though I just built a pool and shop...) By the way, I live next door to Sam, I have the gray f250.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:09 AM   #31
Reel cajun
Four Point

Default Mont Belvieu

Itís a great place to live with great schools.
Reel cajun is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #32
Mofo
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwild84 View Post
you better call me first before you sale your house, I may want it (even though I just built a pool and shop...) By the way, I live next door to Sam, I have the gray f250.

Poor Clay living next to Sam... lol
Old 09-16-2020, 09:22 AM   #33
Mofo
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungbustr View Post
Well it started as a 1 room schoolhouse, dirt roads and a hand drawn ferry across old river. Our old place started with a team of mules and 13 acres on the banks of Old River right where it empties into Old River Lake.

More people moved. in It still wasnt anything but rice or marsh. Tallow trees didnt exist in the United States. It all got worked with teams of mules. Once tractors came on the scene the soybeans were planted as cover crops to build soil then plowed under.

It really started going down hill when they built the interstate in the 50's and split our farm. Abandoned the old home place on the edge of the river (crawfish hideaway location) for the new one to the west. Even more people moved in.

A market for soybeans developed and they got cut and sold in addition to the rice. More people moved in.

In the 90s the rice market went to shiat. More people moved in. Sold the farm land in the late 90s. It has since been developed and more people moved in.

Sold the last place the family farm operated from in 2015 or so when hwy 99 construction ruined it. Grandma finally got her a nice new house that they didnt even have to build themselves this time. She got to enjoy it 4 years or so before she passed. They finally knocked the old box blind down a few months ago after working around it for the last year.

It was all really nice all those years of rice farming, growing up with room to run and do whatever you wanted.

We sure wish all those people would have never moved in. It was a lot nicer before they showed up. Is that how you remember it?

Still live in the area. Most of us are family and neighbors still just like on the farm. We just have a whole lot of stragers living next to us also.
You must be a Foster. I noticed they final took the stand down at 99
Old 09-16-2020, 09:29 AM   #34
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria & Re„l county

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Warren Gas used to look down at Enterprise's little facility. Now, Enterprise looks down at little old Targa I bet your dad misses the Warren Gas days.

The old mayor Lonnie Follis worked at the Galena Park facility with me years ago.
Boy does he. We used to have company Christmas parties in the lab and I could drive into the plant and have lunch with dad in the control room whenever I wanted to. Things have certainly changed. He likes Targa and they have been good to him but its not what it once was. Enterprise is a beast for sure.
Wall_Hanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 09:49 AM   #35
Lungbustr
Pope & Young

Quote:
You must be a Foster. I noticed they final took the stand down at 99
Yep, cracked me up how they worked around it for so long.

Many many deer took their last breath on that field edge from all sorts of bullets and broadheads. I miss that free easy hunting. Id get a 10 point every year and fill all my other tags also. Wouldnt be anything to have 20 to 30 deer out there every afternoon.
Lungbustr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 10:24 AM   #36
3DW5
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon Co, Jim Hogg and Starr Co.

Quote:
Born and raised in Dp, still not near as bad as most places. Still outstanding schools and athletics. But you are correct, it is not what it once was.
3DW5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 11:13 AM   #37
Yamahamma
Four Point

Hunt In: A little in San Jacinto Co, A little in Webb Co.

Get a travel trailer and live where you want. If you don't like the neighbors, move. Leasing an apt, you're stuck.
Yamahamma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 11:15 AM   #38
Hogwild84
Eight Point

Quote:
Poor Clay living next to Sam... lol
thanks for feeling my pain
Old 09-16-2020, 01:25 PM   #39
tps7742
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DW5 View Post
Born and raised in Dp, still not near as bad as most places. Still outstanding schools and athletics. But you are correct, it is not what it once was.
I understand and agree, we still have friends that live there and visit on occasion. I just havenít adjusted to seeing those hood rats walking around. They use to stay in the sewers.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:49 PM   #40
Grndchecker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County, TX

Quote:

I should have put lol or something. I agree with you. I don't know of an apartment complex in Baytown that I would live in now. Luckily I am away from most and not in a neighborhood.
Grndchecker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 09:57 PM   #41
deerplanter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungbustr View Post
Yep, cracked me up how they worked around it for so long.

Many many deer took their last breath on that field edge from all sorts of bullets and broadheads. I miss that free easy hunting. Id get a 10 point every year and fill all my other tags also. Wouldnt be anything to have 20 to 30 deer out there every afternoon.
Me and a buddy were just talking about that stand the other day. I used to know some of the Lawrence's before they moved off, we lived on blood road.
deerplanter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 05:37 AM   #42
super_dave
Pope & Young

Hunt In: West Texas

We just moved into the Plantation last year. GREAT neighborhood to raise kids with a private boat ramp.!
super_dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 07:53 AM   #43
Tauzin22
Spike

Preciate all the help!