Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-28-2020, 08:16 AM   #201
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Tuned out for good after seeing Junior post on Twitter this last week. F that liberal hack. No more for me.

Speaking of.. I went back to twitter again and left it in two weeks. The liberal spew on that page following folks who talk about your teams makes my blood boil. I donít need to listen to or read about sports anymore. Iím being way too productive without it. Almost scary how much time I wasted doing that ****. Iíll just watch if I feel like it, but right now, pro sports has me pushed away.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-28-2020, 08:22 AM   #202
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Tuned out for good after seeing Junior post on Twitter this last week. F that liberal hack. No more for me.

Speaking of.. I went back to twitter again and left it in two weeks. The liberal spew on that page following folks who talk about your teams makes my blood boil. I donít need to listen to or read about sports anymore. Iím being way too productive without it. Almost scary how much time I wasted doing that ****. Iíll just watch if I feel like it, but right now, pro sports has me pushed away.

This.
I was listening yesterday morning and caught myself saying, out loud, ďAre you Fín kidding me?Ē They May be good people, but Iím not going to listen to the incessant drivel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #203
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

Funny how all of them - every single on air personality - has fallen in line, marching in lockstep. They only express opinions that are approved by current woke culture. Makes me wonder if they all really feel that way or if there was an edict from the higher ups to not say anything that counters the narrative. Cynically, I think it could be they don't want to get crossways with the leagues or athletes who are now "all in" with the BLM and police bashing movement. I still listen some but punch out immediately when these issues come up
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-28-2020, 08:48 AM   #204
wellingtontx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Collingsworth County, Texas

They might as well be CNN.

Juniortard, Dantard and Davidson - the gang of libertards - they all made me quit listening.

I only listen to the station when the Stars are on the radio.
wellingtontx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #205
texas shag
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas, Old Mexico

I have completely stopped listening to radio. Spotify for music and podcasts realated to hunting and business/economy, and it has been far more enjoyable window time.
texas shag is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #206
P-Lar
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
The Musers this morning were hardcore supporting the NBA and glossing over the Jacob Blake actual facts. I've stopped listening.
I used to listen all day every day. I haven't completely stopped listening but definitely much less ticket now and more podcasts. They used to present facts & both sides to a story. Now it's just Junior's opinion presented as facts. He has made that show almost unlistenable to me.
P-Lar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-28-2020, 03:41 PM   #207
camoclad
Eight Point

Hunt In: central tx

Quote:

Bob's post are becoming even more concerning.
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-28-2020, 03:45 PM   #208
camoclad
Eight Point

Hunt In: central tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
Funny how all of them - every single on air personality - has fallen in line, marching in lockstep. They only express opinions that are approved by current woke culture. Makes me wonder if they all really feel that way or if there was an edict from the higher ups to not say anything that counters the narrative. Cynically, I think it could be they don't want to get crossways with the leagues or athletes who are now "all in" with the BLM and police bashing movement. I still listen some but punch out immediately when these issues come up
This could more be a experiment in human nature. The majority of comments I've heard (what little I've heard) sounded half hearted at best and with no conviction. Just going along with something they know is wrong. Why a strong foundation in truth is so critical (even for people who claim to know The Truth....) again, concerning.
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2020, 06:04 AM   #209
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoclad View Post
This could more be a experiment in human nature. The majority of comments I've heard (what little I've heard) sounded half hearted at best and with no conviction. Just going along with something they know is wrong. Why a strong foundation in truth is so critical (even for people who claim to know The Truth....) again, concerning.
I thought of this thread yesterday,and tuned in around 5:30am..June's mentioned covid 19,and I clicked out..In his defense,could have been talking about the bubble,etc..Fast forward to 4:30pm,same day..Listened to The Hardline for maybe 3 minutes..NBA was the subject..Segment was about Doncic..I really like Luka,and want to see him do well...I'm telling ya'..I can't listen to the Hardline..It's terrible.Throw in some political talk,and makes it even worse..All good thing's come to an end,I guess.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2020, 11:19 AM   #210
quackerback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: down the road

The hardline is not the hardline anymore. Corby sucks. I usually will listen to muse in the news and then don’t try to get by the channel too much after that anymore.
quackerback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2020, 11:52 AM   #211
Tcooper93
Ten Point

Hunt In: Shackelford County

Quote:

This is what finally drove me away as well! Changed my presets...no longer a P1 or a P-anything
Tcooper93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2020, 11:53 AM   #212
Tcooper93
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoclad View Post
Bob's post are becoming even more concerning.
Bob blocked me on Twitter after I tried to reason with him...
Old 09-01-2020, 11:55 AM   #213
Tcooper93
Ten Point

Quote:
You may have a good point and I believe that is part of it but to listen to the conviction they have defending the BLM movement and the teams I tend to think it is really their beliefs...
Old 09-01-2020, 12:27 PM   #214
Dakota7493
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackerback View Post
The hardline is not the hardline anymore. Corby sucks. I usually will listen to muse in the news and then donít try to get by the channel too much after that anymore.

Same
Dakota7493 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #215
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
I dont believe they follow any edicts - they just give their opinions on different subjects. All are very reasonable. I dont always agree, but again, looking at their actions and involvement in the community for decades, they can believe what they want. Theyve done and will continue to do great things.

The new old gray wolf podcast is greatness as well.
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 10:11 AM   #216
jshouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NE Texas

It's been funny listening to all of the shows justifying the low NFL ratings, coming up with every reason they can find other than people just don't care to watch any more.
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 12:12 PM   #217
yaqui
Ten Point

Hunt In: Eastland Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I dont believe they follow any edicts - they just give their opinions on different subjects. All are very reasonable. I dont always agree, but again, looking at their actions and involvement in the community for decades, they can believe what they want. Theyve done and will continue to do great things.

The new old gray wolf podcast is greatness as well.
I agree with this. His first podcast was pretty good until they tried some rap lyric reading bit. The Ticket's community involvement goes unnoticed, they've raised millions of dollars, and don't brag about that one bit. I'll keep listening, guess I am more liberal than I thought.
yaqui is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 01:06 PM   #218
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaqui View Post
I agree with this. His first podcast was pretty good until they tried some rap lyric reading bit. The Ticket's community involvement goes unnoticed, they've raised millions of dollars, and don't brag about that one bit. I'll keep listening, guess I am more liberal than I thought.
They have raised a bunch of money for sure, but not sure about bragging. I'm glad I never have to hear the term "Norm-a-thon" again.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top