Traveling to New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling to New Mexico

Has anyone heard about any restrictions traveling to New Mexico? Family has a 4 wheeling trip planned this month and was wondering if we needed to cancel.

Supposed to be a 14 day quarantine for anyone going into NM by all travel means, and a $100 fine statewide for no mask.

Last edited by quackadikt; 07-02-2020, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Following

Comment

quackadikt is right I think.

Last I heard (This was April), 14 day mandatory quarantine. In a state with like 4 people per square mile.

Comment

If you're not staying in a hotel, I would go anyway. If you're going to be out in the NF or BLM or something, I wouldn't give two chits what Comrade Grisham had to say.

Comment

The queen of NM yesterday:

She announced two big changes to a public health order, which will run through July 15: All travelers from other states will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days and those not wearing masks in public will be subject to fines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If NF or BLM call the local ranger office and ask. They’ll let you know the rules, then you decide if you want to follow them. They’re the ones who would be enforcing and issuing any citation if they were violated.

Have a good time, bring lots of spf 70 sunscreen and zinc oxide for your nose!

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                If you're not staying in a hotel, I would go anyway. If you're going to be out in the NF or BLM or something, I wouldn't give two chits what Comrade Grisham had to say.

Locals I have been speaking with are agreeing. There is an order but no direction on how to enforce. If you are minding your own camp and not running the obvious tourist attractions. You will not be harassed.

Comment

Even liberal Colorado Springs isn’t enforcing the order. We have been grabbing masks to go into places out of habit with all the Dallas mandatory orders, but locals have been probably 75%+ unmasked.

Now, we have mostly been in food and drink places, but still...

Comment

After the governors July 1 order we decided to not take a chance and canceled. Hate it because have been looking forward to this trip for a while. I’m done with this crap!

Comment

We are going to Red River this week. I spoke to the place we rent a cabin and also the Chamber of Commerce.

Basically, masks are required. Must maintain 6ft distance. Town is otherwise open. Ski lift is open, forrest is open.

We are pulling out of here Sunday and going for it.

Comment

I was there Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of last week. I checked and the quarantine applied to air travel only. We were good to go. It looks like that has changed. Man am I glad we are out of there. Masks were pretty prevalent in Las Cruces. We played the game, somewhat.

Good luck

Comment

Man I feel dumb asking this, but if I am traveling in from out of state, to camp in the NF- what does it mean to "Self- quarantine"?

I don't plan on lip-locking strangers, taking a swim and doing some hiking was on the list though.
                          (trip booked for mid-August)

Making a call before leaving is a good idea.
                          I hope someone answers the phone- unlike trying to call Mustang Island state park this week. No answer, no one there.

Comment

Just drove through returning form Utah. Not sure about quarantine specifics but lots of folks without mask (walmart, Clines Corner, grocery stores, etc...) and nobody was bothered much less forced to wear mask or hauled to jail.

Comment

I was planning to drive through NM to Durango on 7/16. I wonder if I will get pulled over and ticketed for violating this mandate? I could go thru Amarillo north to Colorado then west but adds a bunch of miles. Wasn't planning to stop but for fuel.

Comment

Working...
                              X