6X6 or 6x8??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6X6 or 6x8??

I am trying to decide what size blind I want. I will be mainly bow hunting out of this thing but can't make up my mind. If anyone has experience with either, advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Too big and its difficult to hunt out of. 5'x6' works great for a single hunter.

Comment

5x6 is okay, but better be shooting out of the 6’ side. I set mine up to shoot out of the 5’ side and its a bit tight drawing back.

When I build another, im going 8x8. More room never hurts when it comes to hiding back in the corner. Plus you never know who may end up hunting with you some day. Might as well have extra room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’d go bigger. 8X8.

Won’t ever be mad at having extra room.

Comment

I'd say it depends on how big and tall you are. Set up a mock up of the various sizes with some pvc pipe and see what works for you.

Comment

6X6 or 6x8??

I’m at 6x6 in 4 blinds and have never needed bigger. To me it is the perfect size to draw in and still be able to conceal your movement and lean over into the window to shoot. It is quite comfortable. I got rid of a 5x5 because I had to draw diagonally across the blind putting movement in my shooting window. I’d never go back to less than 6x6. Now if you plan on hunting multiple folks or kids in it as well, 6x8 might be more suitable.

Comment

6x6 is the smallest I would go. My next one will be 8x8.

Comment

This is awesome! I am a big fella, 6'2" and 350, plus I plan on taking the kiddos and possibly wife. Is a 6x6 big enough to bring others?

Comment

Mine is 8x8 and I love the room I have in it. Very comfortable hunting with 3 people. Do the 8x8 your using the same amount of material anyway.

Comment

I’ve got a 4x6 and a 5x8... I will never have another 4x6 again. Go big!

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                      This is awesome! I am a big fella, 6'2" and 350, plus I plan on taking the kiddos and possibly wife. Is a 6x6 big enough to bring others?

No. Go 8x8 with that many folks and bowhunting. If rifle hunting, 6x6 might work. Go big and build once. Youll never regret more room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Building one now for the family and going 6x8.

Comment

5x6 is plenty wide
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	24621382

Comment

I think I agree with you all, the bigger the blind, the better.. Anyone have pictures to compare the two?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              I’m at 6x6 in 4 blinds and have never needed bigger. To me it is the perfect size to draw in and still be able to conceal your movement and lean over into the window to shoot. It is quite comfortable. I got rid of a 5x5 because I had to draw diagonally across the blind putting movement in my shooting window. I’d never go back to less than 6x6. Now if you plan on hunting multiple folks or kids in it as well, 6x8 might be more suitable.
                              Exactly

Comment

Working...
                              X