Teddy Roosevelt comes down in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teddy Roosevelt comes down in NYC

Famed statue on horseback in front of NYC museum coming down.

They will fundamentally change this country..

Weak *** politicians in Congress....reparations are not far out...

It's coming

This is not about racism. This is about fascism. It always was.

Comment

Will be interesting to see the western hunting community response. Plenty of those guys tend to lean left, including the well known names, but also idolize TR.

Comment

What's next Mount Rushmore

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
          What's next Mount Rushmore

You joke but I’ve heard rumblings about it. Nothing concrete though

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I guarantee you that Stone Mountain gets a remake.....

No way that is gonna survive.....

The problem is too many conservatives love being left alone, working, raising kids, going to their ball games, PTA meetings, church.....they dont have time for activism...and really dont care too.....

This country hasn't falllen far enough to get people on the right fed up, but its getting close

Comment

For the amount of time that the USA was involved in outlaw practices like slavery and the way we are being come after. You would think we have the history that Great Britain has(thousands of years) with their hands in just about EVERY society known to man.
              Nowhere anywhere in the world are better opportunities afforded to ALL people than in the USA. The problem is...equal opportunity does not guarantee an equal outcome.
              It is making me sick on how 12-15% of this nation can make out the USA to be such a horrible country and so many are buying it also.
              I have ZERO guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                For the amount of time that the USA was involved in outlaw practices like slavery and the way we are being come after. You would think we have the history that Great Britain has(thousands of years) with their hands in just about EVERY society known to man.
                Nowhere anywhere in the world are better opportunities afforded to ALL people than in the USA. The problem is...equal opportunity does not guarantee an equal outcome.
                It is making me sick on how 12-15% of this nation can make out the USA to be such a horrible country and so many are buying it also.
                I have ZERO guilt.
                well said.....

I have done well for myself without a "$200,000 education" and I know many minority friends that have done better than myself....

I have ZERO guilt

Comment

They are going after the wrong Roosevelt...

On February 19, 1942, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs Executive Order 9066, initiating a controversial World War II policy with lasting consequences for Japanese Americans. The document ordered the forced removal of resident “enemy aliens” from parts of the West vaguely identified as military areas. After the bombing of Pearl Harbor by the Japanese in […]

FDR orders Japanese Americans into internment camps

Comment

In the wake of the violence that took place in Charlottesville over the weekend, liberals have called for the destruction of more historical monuments.

Comment

This statue is being removed by request of the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

Like maybe the Family is ashamed that Teddy's likeness is used in association with anything having to do with New York?!! I can see it!!

Comment

The report I saw said they had been thinking about it for some time...that particular one is in front of a museum so not sure if it's coming inside or to be removed from the grounds. It's him on a horse with a native american standing on one side & black man on the other.

I don't know the history behind it so can't comment on the relevance but likely a good move before it & the museum itself was defaced along with the neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Maybe, but DeBlasio certainly made Teddy out to be a land grabbing racist who was superiorly mounted on a horse above two minorities

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              This is not about racism. This is about fascism. It always was.
                              This is ALL about Marxism not racism

Comment

Working...
                              X