Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Rec Tec pellet grill owners on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m looking at the RT-700 and wondered what y’all thought of them and any pros or cons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 570. With Rec Tec, there are no cons...only pros.

Comment

Agreed. With the bottom shelf addition (absolute necessity in my mind), its sturdy as can be while being pretty mobile (sounds counterintuitive. I know...). I folded up my 570 this past weekend and carried it by myself down three flights of stairs, across the parking lot, and into the truck.

Literally "set it and forget it" when cooking as long as you dont run out of pellets. I did tons of research on the competitors as several friends have Green Mtn and Traeger. They all wish they'd gone with the RT after seeing mine.

For the price point, cant beat it in my opinion. You buy direct from manufacturer so without a retailer marking it up, you get a similarly priced pit with stainless components. NOT stainless coated.

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 07-23-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Here is a brisket I'm cooking today on my Rec Tec. Meat temp was 155 after 4.5 hours at 225. I wrapped it and cooked up to 204 degrees. Ten lb brisket took a little over 8 hours. Got it in cooler for a couple hours. It is an odd shaped brisket.
        Attached Files

Comment

Following

Comment

Set it n forget it . Put brisket on about 10 at 220* and go to sleep.

Comment

Here is a pic of some of the slices of the brisket I cooked today on my Rec Tec. I posted earlier a pic right before I wrapped it in foil. Turned out great for my second one on a pellet grill.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                Here is a pic of some of the slices of the brisket I cooked today on my Rec Tec. I posted earlier a pic right before I wrapped it in foil. Turned out great for my second one on a pellet grill.
                That looks pretty good!

Comment

Last night I bought the RT-700
                  The Bull, with the platinum package. Now just have to wait for it to get here.

Comment

I have been waiting to pull the tigger on this.... the price was deterring me, but if it makes bbq this good and is great quality, I may just go ahead and get me an early Christmas present.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad has the RT-680. He says it’s been superseded by the RT-700. He loves his 680 and everything I have ever eaten that has been cooked on that sucker is downright amazing...I think you made an excellent choice

Comment

RecTec will be my next purchase!

Comment

Man I love my RT-700 Bull! Briskets are perfect every time and I can control everything from my iPhone. The two temperature probes are spot on and so handy.

I set the pit to 225 let the briskets or pork butts cook for a while then insert a temperature probe into the meat and cook it until it gets to 165 then wrap in butcher paper and cook until the internal temp is 205.

My chain saws and log splitter can take a break until the fall now lol.

Just wish I would have bought the pit sooner.

Just wait. It comes packed better than anything I have ever received and on a pallet. Your package is going to be really heavy so have some help around. Assembly is pretty straight forward but tuning the wi-fi is a little techie so just read the instructions and you'll be fine.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Tx_Wader; 07-24-2019, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                            Last night I bought the RT-700

Man that’s tempting. I keep waiting on my Weber to burn out so I can justify it.

Comment

I did extensive research on pellet grills, I narrowed down to Rectec bull and Yoder 640. I ultimately went with the Rectec and couldn’t be happier. Everything you read on reviews is spot on and they are great grills.

Comment

Working...
                              X