H.R.4568 - Responsible Body Armor Possession Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H.R.4568 - Responsible Body Armor Possession Act

What’s the real chance of this passing? Timeframe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was introduced almost 10 months ago and appears not to have moved other than being introduced. This Congress ends in 6 months. I don’t see how it makes it through the House, then referred to and passes the Senate and then is signed by the president.

The bill is to ban body armor from civilians.

Comment

Another grab by the dems to weaken Americans ability to fight the government. It’s already illegal for felons to posses it, that’s good enough.

“Enhanced body armor” is anything exceeding level 3.

Comment

This is outrageous. So now folks aren’t allowed to have functional body armor.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
          This is outrageous. So now folks aren’t allowed to have functional body armor.

It was a suggested law that appears not to have made it out of the House committee. There are up to about 15 steps to passing a law. This one is at step #1.

For example the Texas Legislature will meet again next January for 140 days. They will be probably between 4,000 and 5000 bills submitted. A majority of those bills will never even get a hearing, much less come close to becoming a law. Basically any congressman can submit any bill that he wishes. Many of them tell their constituent that if elected, they will bring some bill in front of Congress. Fortunately, that is as far as many of them get.

Comment

Working...
          X