school choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
    we are on the fence. mainly depends on what all protocols are in place and what the environment would be like in school. if first graders are stuck in a plexiglass cube around thier desk with a mask on all day, limited socializing at recess/lunch .... then remote option might be better...
    This is what we're afraid of

Comment

I've already been back since June 8 doing strength and conditioning workouts. We've had tons of kids coming out, and for the most part, things have been fine. I would expect a good turnout for the classroom as well. Kids want to be back at school.

Comment

school choice

Mine will be going to school . Little boy starts pre-k girl
        3rd grade . School starts here on July 30th .

Comment

Mine will be there

Comment

Keep them at home. That way school taxes can be reduced by at least 50%.

Comment

The schools need to start back up next fall.

I don't see much good coming out of postponing it.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                I've already been back since June 8 doing strength and conditioning workouts. We've had tons of kids coming out, and for the most part, things have been fine. I would expect a good turnout for the classroom as well. Kids want to be back at school.
                Glad you guys are still having the workouts

I know several rural schools that shut down...out of an abundance of caution

Comment

Back to school the kids needs to be with other kids their age.

Comment

Mine will be back in school so long as the demos don't make it near impossible to enjoy the learning experience or they do something stupid like not let em play sports etc. it is all part of the experience...
                    I serve on our board and we will have some tough choices ahead of us and the state does not make it easy on our small district as funding is tough and we are already stretched and having to remote teach and classroom teach will be interesting to stay the least...if the dems have their way we will go to all virtual learning with no need to fund schools or anything for that matter they will just tax us all and keep it for their green policies and other idiotic stuff....Texas better make a stand that is for sure!!!!

Comment

To give a college perspective Texas Tech decided it was wise to make upper level classes with fewer students (around 40 in my classes) online yet keep the large intro courses (250+ students) in person. Makes total sense to them apparently. There will be a lot of angry students in the fall.

Comment

If things continue down the road they are kids wont be returning in the fall.

Comment

online is awesome. I wish I had more online classes when I was in school. with that being said, I'm sure most parents want their kids gone.

Comment

Makes no sense at all to me. The flu claims a higher percentage of children than this virus. This virus will be around for a long time if not for good. Sweeden seems to have the model we should follow.

Comment

If there is no sports, my daughter will be home schooled. Not because we are worried about the virus, but do to the fact she does much better without the distractions at school. Plus our school was just taken over by the TEA so, she is better off at home. I think she would have to attend school to play sports. No we do not base this on sports, her education come first.

Comment

School will be open until teachers start dropping dead and only then will they close. I give it till Christmas break.

Comment

Working...
                                X