2020 Duramax question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
    Thanks, I’d love to delete it but just can’t see doing it to a new truck with 100,000 mile warranty
    You aren't deleting, just turning off the DEF injector. The def is just an injector in the exhaust pipe. It's not required for the DPF to work. You will get a little black smoke out of the tail pipe, but nothing like a fully deleted truck.

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
    That’s not really how it should work, unless you're towing in stop and go traffic. Your Diesel Exhaust Filter gets less particulates "clogging" the screen the more sustained, higher RPM's you run (like towing on the highway). When unloaded, driving in a lot of stop and go traffic, you burn fuel much less efficiently and particulates clog the screen, necessitating a "burn" to clean the filter.
    I agree with you in theory, but I always used more DEF while towing when I had the system on my truck too. Didn't matter if it was around town or long distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
      That’s not really how it should work, unless you're towing in stop and go traffic. Your Diesel Exhaust Filter gets less particulates "clogging" the screen the more sustained, higher RPM's you run (like towing on the highway). When unloaded, driving in a lot of stop and go traffic, you burn fuel much less efficiently and particulates clog the screen, necessitating a "burn" to clean the filter.
      In theory that’s how it should work. Mine, as well as everyone else I know with a newer diesel, all use more DEF when towing. Granted I haven’t ran DEF in a few years now, but I could get 6-7k out of a tank of DEF without a load, or 2500-3000 with a load. I had a couple road trips I filled up with prior to leaving, and had to refill with DEF 3/4 way through the trip.

Comment

Working...
      X