No announcement yet.

The Official 2020 TBH/APR Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m very interested in this! Could I get in a 16” barrel with 308? Looking for a new hunting rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by progolferv1 View Post
      Is a DBM an option on these?
      Not on this go round. Probably wouldn't fit the lines of these builds very well, but most importantly...........we got smoking pricing based on a very limited number of inlets. Turn times should reflect this as well

Comment

ok, decided on a 6.5SS build. Hard choice now is the cosmetics of the build with action/barrel cerakote & stock appearance. I like the colors of the stock & action from this Browning product, just not a fan of the small splotchy pattern on the stock -

Robert - would those colors in this pattern on the stock be a custom/add on cost paint job?

Last edited by m714; 01-07-2020, 07:50 PM. Reason: add image

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
          Someone needs to buy the rifle I have listed in classifieds so I can get in on this.

APR Rocks!

So now for my question.....Robert have you experienced feeding issues with the 6.5 saum? I’m wanting a super flat shooting rifle for deer sized game and long range targets. Trying to decide between 6.5 saum with 140ish pills, 6.5 prc with 140ish pills, or 280ai with 160ish pills.

I have seen issues with both 6.5s at one point or another. Don't let that scare you off them. Both are awesome rounds. I know the 140s get all the love with both rounds, but the 130 class stuff has big advantages inside 1k and often get overlooked. For the PRC especially.

Comment

Originally posted by GigEm'15 View Post
            Robert, is there an option for a wyatts mag, or is it included?
            Wyatt's is not a problem. Hard to price given the different versions so I didn't even put it on the list. Just ask for it when ordering.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
              I’m very interested in this! Could I get in a 16” barrel with 308? Looking for a new hunting rifle

So the base components are set, but caliber, barrel length, twist rate and finish are all up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by m714 View Post
                ok, decided on a 6.5SS build. Hard choice now is the cosmetics of the build with action/barrel cerakote & stock appearance. I like the colors of the stock & action from this Browning product, just not a fan of the small splotchy pattern on the stock -

Robert - would those colors in this pattern on the stock be a custom/add on cost paint job?

No sir

Comment

Robert, thoughts on a 22” 6.5 PRC?

Seems like in the other thread today you weren’t a huge fan of the idea? I’m just 100% in the “shorter barrel with a can while hunting” camp it’s not even funny. The 20” 22-250 from last year is a dream so wanting to stay short with a caliber that packs a bigger punch up to Elk and maybe a poor mans sheep

Thank you sir!

P.S- I’ll be calling to ask also so you guys can more and likely tell me NO while I continue to double check y’all’s certainty

Comment

I’ve checked the planning and pricing threads every day since they came out, waiting for the hard details. I’ve been very excited to get in on this build after missing out on last years.

They look great, but I’m pretty disappointed to not have a BDM option.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                      I’ve checked the planning and pricing threads every day since they came out, waiting for the hard details. I’ve been very excited to get in on this build after missing out on last years.

They look great, but I’m pretty disappointed to not have a BDM option.

HS Precision DBM might be an option on some set ups as its a pretty similar inlet, just ask when you call. M5 is for sure out on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Robert, thoughts on a 22” 6.5 PRC?

Seems like in the other thread today you weren’t a huge fan of the idea? I’m just 100% in the “shorter barrel with a can while hunting” camp it’s not even funny. The 20” 22-250 from last year is a dream so wanting to stay short with a caliber that packs a bigger punch up to Elk and maybe a poor mans sheep

Thank you sir!

P.S- I’ll be calling to ask also so you guys can more and likely tell me NO while I continue to double check y’all’s certainty

You want a 22" PRC, I'm building you a 22" PRC! Lol I'll be the first to admit, them short barrels skeer me

Comment

Thinking a long action 6.5 prc with 26” barrel plus a suppressor. Thinking that would cause any issues with a Mullerworks steel barrel?
                          Last edited by scott.str; 01-07-2020, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Guess on the weight for #2 long action?

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                              Thinking a long action 6.5 prc with 26” barrel plus a suppressor. Thinking that would cause any issues with a Mullerworks steel barrel?
                              None at all

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                Guess on the weight for #2 long action?
                                Carbon?

Comment

Working...
                                X