No announcement yet.

Prayers and advice needed....pending divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played this game before. Easy to get along now and not fight/argue. 8 years down the road stuff happens. Get a lawyer and protect yourself. I was you and my ex was your wife. Shiite happens and it will. Please listen.

Pray and hope for the change but know that it did t work for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous1 View Post
      The problem she has with me is that since I feel like she does nothing for us or the household and I pay all the bills she doesn’t get any of my money. Yes I know we are married so it should not be my money it should be our money but I’m not going to give her the money I work very hard for while she chooses to sit in bed at home. I’m not willing to give in on this so I’m not sure this will work for us?

With that being said do you think this book is worth reading? Or is there any hope? My stance is if she is not willing to get a job or do something productive for our household I’m done.
      Yep. What I said above is even more true now. Lawyer the eff up and protect yourself.

Comment

Sounds like her getting a job would solve a lot of your problems. She’s going to have to do it if you get a divorce, so why not get one as a way of saving your marriage?

I’m sure it’s way more complicated than that, but that’s my perspective.

Comment

Sounds like to me she is very depressed. You could go seek a Dr advise. Marriage is a whole lot of work. Prayers sent

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jkkj View Post
            If u truly wish that God would work a miracle then let him work, stop opposing Him by entertaining a divorce. God will definitely show up if u are willing to humble yourselves, give up your selfish pride and serve one another. Love can come back. Prayers up.
            This is totally correct and what needs to happen. If you are asking for prayer then hopefully you realize God hears the prayers of His people. But surrendering to Him and His will is the only way back to the way He designed it.You said you tried counseling but I urge you to seek a counselor that can lead both of you into a new relationship with the Lord. When you put him as the head of your life, your wife also, then, and only then can you have the marriage that God intends for you to have. Please seek professional Christian help and see if that "miracle" you made mention of doesn't happen. I am sure it will.God Bless both of you.

Comment

I'll pray for you but you have to quit being negative and saying she's lazy even if it is true or talking like it's not going to happen. Love isn't a feeling, it is a choice.

She may be suffering depression as mentioned earlier, get help.

If both of y'all are willing to see a counselor then look at that as a positive. Have you tried a Christian counselor? Try another

Regardless of the custody percentage, that is a time that you don't get back or get to see your little one wake up or eat or complain or whatever.

My divorce was finalized 1 year ago tomorrow and I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy. Every day, night, and when I wake up in the middle of the night, I pray that God will restore my family. Will it happen, I don't know but what I do know is that it won't be because I didn't pray or do everything in my power to be a better man and let God do his work in his time.

If neither of you abuse each other or your kid or are addicted to drugs or alcohol, then I'd give it everything I've got.

Good luck!!!!

Comment

Watch this movie.

And find another counselor. There are so many bad counselors out there. Trust me. Me and my wife went through a pile of them. We finally found a good one years ago. Marriage isn’t always easy, but it can be so great. And start talking to God daily to work on you and He will work on her. Run to Him. He can make all things new. When you take care of you by following Him, then that allows Him to work on her.
                Lord please heal these two hearts. Let Your love flow through their marriage. And let their desire be for one another once again. By Your authority of Jesus, amen.

Comment

Dang Chad I’m gonna pray for you as well brother. I have s buddy that went through the same thing three years ago. God was all that kept him from losing his mind. Today he’s happy with his life and has accepted the situation.
                  Anon, obviously we’re not doctors her, or I’m not. But it sure sounds like there should be a trip to a doctor or psychiatrist or psychologist in yalls future to rule out or confirm underlying illnesses.

Comment

You asked for prayers, so I ask, are you and your wife Christians?

If you are, find a nouthetic/biblical counselor. You are wasting time and resources with worldly wisdom when you have access to the Spirit.

Www.biblicalcounseling.com has a search you can use to find a certified counselor.

Don’t quit...anything worth having is worth fighting for, especially a good marriage

Comment

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
                      Played this game before. Easy to get along now and not fight/argue. 8 years down the road stuff happens. Get a lawyer and protect yourself. I was you and my ex was your wife. Shiite happens and it will. Please listen.

Very sound advice, living with a bipolar or depression infected person is miserable, I have no idea why I am still with my wife
                      We have no children, live separate lifestyles, Separate interests
                      And I really cannot stand her and would love to escape her dome of misery, we are really only together because our healthcare insurance would be to expensive getting a divorce
                      I can’t give any advice, but can say I really sympathize with you
                      Hopefully you can find some peace
                      Best read on dealing with these things
                      Attached Files

Comment

Don't look for any excuses to blame the other. There are always two sides. If you cannot work things out, keep it civil so that your children do not suffer. Nothing will damage your children more than dragging them into an argument over who is right, better, etc. It just never ends well.

Comment

Sounds like a tough situation. I’ll echo what others have said, pray and pray more, and keep trying Christian counseling and then pray more. It does sound like she has some type of mental illness. Having been a child of divorce I wish it on no one!! This will affect your child
                          For the rest of his life, even if you guys keep it civil and work together. If you guys can get help and dive into Scripture, putting God first and serving him can help things fall back
                          Together. That being said I think somehow she has to realize sitting in bed all day isn’t healthy is not only bad for her, but bad for your son. Convince her if nothing else or for no other reason she needs to seek help for that. He cannot possibly grow up normal with a mother like that. Praying for strength, comfort, perseverance, peace, and complete and supernatural healing for your lives. All this through our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Comment

Originally posted by TreeNap View Post
                            I understand where you are coming from, and in the end only you two know what's best.

But, have both of you thought about how the child will feel with his/her parents separated?

I get the fact that you both are so miserable that you think you will be better as parents apart. That's great for the adults. But what about the child?

Have you thought about what it will feel like when you see your child drive off with another man?

Have you thought about not seeing your child on Christmas or Thanksgiving?

Have you thought about what it will feel like when you want to tuck your kid into bed and you cannot?

Have you thought about what it will feel like after your child's events (sports, school, etc) and you cannot talk or celebrate it in the car?

All things to consider.

I get it. Toxic relationships suck.

But, if there is any chance of you two finding each other again...that is the best case scenario for your child.

Best of luck. Hoping for the best with any outcome.
                            Yes we have thought and talked about how he will feel and how it will effect him. We both feel he is being damaged more by living in this toxic household with us constantly arguing. Yes I know all those things will be very hard but if getting my son out of this situation he is currently stuck in will he better for him then that’s what I need to do.

Comment

Prayers up for all of youll

Comment

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post

If it comes to divorce I will absolutely protect myself. However I’m not going to try to “screw her over” just as I hope and pray she won’t screw me over either. I want us to do what is best and fair and equal for all of us. While protecting all of us too.

Comment

Working...
                                X