Paint sprayer recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint sprayer recommendation?

I got suckered in by my wife to build some Adirondack chairs this weekend. She agreed to paint them but, I figure I will do that as well. I was about to spend endless hours researching sprayers on Amazon until I remembered TBH is likely a much better source for real world input.

So, what say you?

If that is all you plan to paint with it then those wagner power pro would probably be plenty good.

Comment

TrueCoat 360 VSP Airless Paint Sprayer

Comment

Originally posted by charlesotto View Post
        I have heard good things about those

Comment

Originally posted by charlesotto View Post

X2

Comment

My wife runs her own business refinishing furniture. She uses this sprayer exclusively. Super easy to clean and can store your different color paint in separate jars.

You will need an air compressor to run it.

Comment

I should have added that I am constantly doing projects like this. I have used Wagner sprayers in the past and never had much luck. I just gave up on them. I'm hoping these things have improved and I am willing to give it a shot. I would like to use it to stain decks and repaint a couple rooms as well.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                My wife runs her own business refinishing furniture. She uses this sprayer exclusively. Super easy to clean and can store your different color paint in separate jars.

https://www.amazon.com/Critter-Spray...77719941&psc=1
                That is pretty dang cool. Never have seen one that attaches to a used moonshine jar.

Comment

That looks like it could be perfect! Wouldn't really work for large projects but I always seem to have small projects and hate the prospect of time consuming cleanup.

Comment

I got a HVLP from Woodcraft the other day to put a satin finish on a crib I am redoing.

This is the most important advice I got while there...

Do not use a gun to do oil based paint or stains. The guy said them chemicals that are used end up beading and sticking together for a look that doesn't look natural.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                      That looks like it could be perfect! Wouldn't really work for large projects but I always seem to have small projects and hate the prospect of time consuming cleanup.
                      Sure as heck beats a rattle can! My fingers get tired!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fujispray Q4 or greater is great for lots of applications. With the price tag though you would need to be using it for more than just one set of chairs. :0

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                          That is pretty dang cool. Never have seen one that attaches to a used moonshine jar.
                          I'm not sure which one kills more brains cells!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Critter-Spray...77719941&psc=1
                            That thing is really cool and very simple which is a huge plus. Does she have to play with the thickness of the paint?

Comment

If you value your time a good airless is hard to beat. You can flat cover some ground with them. Graco and Titan make models for consumer and pros alike.

Comment

Working...
                              X