No announcement yet.

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I was hoping we was done with the 100s but looks like Thursday an Friday 101 ready for them big blue northers to start rolling in!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's no joke!

Comment

If anyone is hunting aquilla start hunting now, hogs got the banks tore up everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post
            If anyone is hunting aquilla start hunting now, hogs got the banks tore up everywhere!

Good to hear I guess. I'll see if I can thin them out some.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
              Welcome Ceez750!
              How long and where have you hunted?

If you duck hunt go ahead and PM me all your best spots so we know their forum approved

Good luck!

Ha!
              I hunted Whitney and Aquilla last year. I plan on hunting the Grasslands this year as well. Just deer and hogs... no dux.

I'd definitely like to hunt em tho!!!

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post

Yeah I scouted a2 the other day and didn’t find much deer sign. A little bit but just as much hunter sign. I’ve come to the conclusion that y’all are right, there’s no deer at Aquilla. That’s only because there’s so many bloody hogs there that the deer have nowhere to go! I saw more hog sign on that unit then I’ve ever seen in my life. Monsterous tracks and seriously worn trails. I did find a couple decent rubs and a bit of deer bedding but nothing that got my blood pumping. I did learn that if you access by boat you better be willing to paddle a lot on that lake. I went through two shear pins on my little motor and that was going slow as crap and doing my best to avoid anything. Kayak access would probably be best or canoe but it is big enough that those would take a while.

Comment

Deer hunting gonna suck! If like hogs ? There’s plenty!

Comment

Yep. All the deer were eaten by the zombies. Just pigs now. Even the zombies can't keep the pig numbers down. Put that with the duck hunter that lost his arm to a flesh eating virus and it's a wonder anyone braves the risk to hunt there. I hear the national forests in east Texas are loaded with deer and the flooded timber is a duck mecca. Plus, there's so much room one isn't likely to see another hunter all season.

Comment

Yep deer been eaten by zombies! Hell yea!

Comment

Dang I haven’t even been out to check things out or gotten my lic. Yet. Been so busy. Guess I better get it in gear!!!!

Comment

I ain't doubting zombies one bit. But maybe the pigs have eat-n all the deer? They'll eat anything ya know. Or could it be zombie pigs? After all, several of us have killed them out there. Pigs that is.

As to that flesh eating virus, I was there that morning when that happened! It looked kinda like the Blob in the sci-fi horror movie. It came up out of the water. My client (we were duck hunting) turned to run away. As he was turning he had his arm out while spinning around and that Blob just sucked it right out of the joint. Then submerged back into the water. I'd never seen anything like it! I immediately had to stop the bleeding. And he got flighted out of there. I helped him build a special shotgun this year so he could try to hunt again. But he seems kinda hesitant about going. Hope he don't loose the drive.

Switchback, you gonna hunt East Texas this year? Been thinking about it my self.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            I ain't doubting zombies one bit. But maybe the pigs have eat-n all the deer? They'll eat anything ya know. Or could it be zombie pigs? After all, several of us have killed them out there. Pigs that is.

As to that flesh eating virus, I was there that morning when that happened! It looked kinda like the Blob in the sci-fi horror movie. It came up out of the water. My client (we were duck hunting) turned to run away. As he was turning he had his arm out while spinning around and that Blob just sucked it right out of the joint. Then submerged back into the water. I'd never seen anything like it! I immediately had to stop the bleeding. And he got flighted out of there. I helped him build a special shotgun this year so he could try to hunt again. But he seems kinda hesitant about going. Hope he don't loose the drive.

Switchback, you gonna hunt East Texas this year? Been thinking about it my self.
                            All I got to say is, if he loses his drive over that he ain't no duck hunter. Tell that boy to man up and get back out there. Otherwise he'll never be able to face himself. That blob do make a man a bit jittery though.

Could be the pigs ate all the zombies on account I ain't seen any lately. If I shoot a pig I'll cook y'all some, just so I can see how it goes. A fella can't be too careful.

Comment

Its HOT our here!

Comment

I'm waiting until it cools down. Maybe I'm just not that mad at them anymore but a mile or so in this heat and I'm done. I figure the last week in September it should be down to 100 or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X