The Official 2020 TBH/APR Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
    It is, but will not have the exposed CF if you go the McMillan option. It would be black base color.

Can we do exposed CF on stock one? I thought that wasn’t an option at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      Can we do exposed CF on stock one? I thought that wasn’t an option at all?

It's not an option on the McMillan

Comment

Really love hearing everyone's plan and cant wait to see them! Trying hard to convince myself to spend the $ on 300 RUM. Last year's builds were top notch and I know these will be too!

Comment

You may want to give the 30 nosler or even the 30-28 nosler some thought. I've had a rum and while an impressive round, it burns a lot of powder to get there. Plus the shorter 30 nosler gives you much more magazine capacity to run long bullets to the lands. Not likely with the rum.

I've ran 200 Accubonds to 3100 in mine with no pressure signs and the 215 3k in a 26 inch barrel.

I'm prepping brass for the 230s right now.

Again, just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
            You may want to give the 30 nosler or even the 30-28 nosler some thought. I've had a rum and while an impressive round, it burns a lot of powder to get there. Plus the shorter 30 nosler gives you much more magazine capacity to run long bullets to the lands. Not likely with the rum.

I've ran 200 Accubonds to 3100 in mine with no pressure signs and the 215 3k in a 26 inch barrel.

I'm prepping brass for the 230s right now.

Again, just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The 30 nosler is on my list as well. I just like heavy bullets and fast... Ive got a weird love for the RUM... I built a 300wm in last year's build which I love and am shooting the 215 bergers at 2950 ish but am limited with mag length to really get where I want. With the APR action the wyatts box wasnt as doable. Although it does shoot great and I love 99% of it. Also kills just the same so maybe I'm being to picky... I was going to hold off on building something similar until I shot out the 300wm but this year's build is so close to what I want. I really want to shoot the new 245's but that takes things to a whole new level. My buddy shoots a 300 Nancy and is always trying to convince me to go that route.
            Last edited by OSU Fisher; 01-18-2020, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I have a custom 300 RUM built by APR, very similar in weight and style to this build. I'm shooting 210gr VLD's @ 3,122 fps (with an SD of 2) and it makes shooting 1,000+ yards look easy.

Don't own a 300 win mag, but H1000 and 215 berger hybrids are generally the most popular loads that guys use for target/hunting purposes.

It really depends on what you're using it for - I rarely shoot the RUM because I don't want to burn out the barrel and it's dialed in, so it's definitely not a range gun. If you want a gun to have fun with and shoot a lot, I'd say stick with the 300 win.

If you do go with the RUM, send me a pm and I'll share my load info.

Comment

Anyone doing the desert carbon ambush color? My understanding after speaking with John is if enough people order the same pattern APR can get McMillan to do their camo patterns versus just providing a black base stock. Is this correct Robert?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter_2 View Post
                  Anyone doing the desert carbon ambush color? My understanding after speaking with John is if enough people order the same pattern APR can get McMillan to do their camo patterns versus just providing a black base stock. Is this correct Robert?
                  John told me the same thing! He also told me that if they don't get enough orders in the same stock color, APR can closely mimic the pattern. That's what they are doing for me, as I ordered mine in Urban Ambush. That desert carbon ambush pattern is sweet, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                    John told me the same thing! He also told me that if they don't get enough orders in the same stock color, APR can closely mimic the pattern. That's what they are doing for me, as I ordered mine in Urban Ambush. That desert carbon ambush pattern is sweet, though!
                    I went with Urban Ambush as well. Should look good with the Proof barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter_2 View Post

I was told the same thing. I’m pretty sure it has to be the same colors also not just pattern.

I’m open to changing colors if 10 of us can get on the same page with the McMillain options but we better hurry and post some options. I’ve got a buddy doing same pattern but FDE instead of red.

I told them if they couldn’t do the McMillain then do this one at APR.

Last edited by Black Ice; 01-20-2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        I was told the same thing. I’m pretty sure it has to be the same colors also not just pattern.

I’m open to changing colors if 10 of us can get on the same page with the McMillain options but we better hurry and post some options. I’ve got a buddy doing same pattern but FDE instead of red.

I told them if they couldn’t do the McMillain then do this one at APR.

I am open to changing colors as well. I was trying to decide between the desert carbon ambush and that same red and grey and black.

Comment

I down for the red grey black as that’s what I basically ordered

Comment

Originally posted by BJ DUPLECHAIN View Post
                            I went with Urban Ambush as well. Should look good with the Proof barrel.
                            That’s the same reason I chose that pattern. Hope it turns out the way we have it pictured!

Comment

They wouldn't give us the best pricing or hit our timeline on the molded in colors for this deal. Like John said, they did mention they would only entertain it with a minimum of 10 of the exact same patterns. Which is why I didn't even list it as an option.......or something I would even want to manage on top of the rest of it. Haha. They would also charge an upgrade fee if they did do it. That said, if 10 of you want to do it......it could be done. Time is getting short.
                              Last edited by Stick1; 01-20-2020, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Got my deposit paid. Now the wait game begins

Comment

Working...
                                X