RIP Neil Peart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievably talented man.

Read a comment on a video of his great solo that said "your favorite drummers favorite drummer".

RIP

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0UnBHIBtQ"]Working man - YouTube[/ame]

Best drum solo of all time. The professor on the drum kit

solo at 9:15, for those that don't like music.
      Last edited by cabo390; 01-10-2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

My favorite band ever and best drummer ever. Played the Buddy Rich tributes because of that fact

Comment

drum camera...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VULVeKcqm50"]Rush - La Villa Strangiato Live - Neil Peart (drum camera) DVD Rush in Rio - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
            RIP. Neil.

2112 is the best album they produced.

One of their best! They, together, were truly a musician's musician.

Finally got to see Rush in spring of '84. But practiced with some fellers up north in Ohio during the late '70s who introduced me to their music. Couple of brothers who could play/mimic anything they did. Wizard was a bassist and built all his own equipment. Sounded identical to Getty and played the foot synthesizer, keyboards, and bass, while signing all at the same time. His slightly older brother Willie (guitar) had played for a band called Thunder in Cleveland Coliseum once. But the band collapsed. He later finally got a audition with The Pretenders after their lead guitarist committed suicide. But they were not ready for him. Willie could do anything on a Peavey T60. I still tried to "pick" some of Rush's stuff after moving back down here. Got some of it. But just couldn't get good enough. I finally gave it up in the late 90s.

Comment

Truly the best drummer and what a talented individual. Got introduced to them in high school from a buddy that was a musician and ended up going to a handful of their concerts. Been listening to their music all afternoon after hearing the news. Rip Neil you were truly one of a kind!

Comment

sweet picture

Comment

First concert I went to was Rush in 1980 at the Hampton Roads Coliseum in VA. The last concert I attended was Rush at the Erwin Center in 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

RIP Neil

Comment

Wow......just take a few minutes to see what this guy could do on a drum set, all by himself! Add in Geddy & Alex and it was pure magic. My favorite band of all times.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWRMOJQDiLU"]Neil Peart Drum Solo - Rush Live in Frankfurt - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

First rock concert I ever saw.

Inspired me since I was a kid. One of the reasons I got a degree in Percussion/Music.

He’s probably jammin out with Buddy

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HLD5lxrQV4"]Neil Peart - A Work In Progress Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            sweet picture

Cool shot.
                            The three of them created some awesome music...

Comment

Transcendent drummer and band

Comment

I saw Rush with Max Webster in 1977 in El Paso on a press pass. We were supposed to interview the band for the UTEP school paper but the interview fell through. That's heavy man. He'll be missed.

Comment

Working...
                                X