Homeowners Insurance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeowners Insurance ?

I have been informed that since there are trees within 100 feet of my house that Nationwide is no longer on my side. We were disinvited to the party so I'm in search of new homeowners/vehicle insurance. Any suggestions ? Who to avoid ?

Thanks !

There are several good companies out there. I'm a Farm Bureau Agent. We were rated #1 JD Power and Assoc. Rates are really going to depend on where you live, accident history, etc...

If you have any questions you can email me at jphillips1@txfb-ins.com

Comment

Try RVOS. I’ve had them for years. Great customer service.

Comment

We are with ASI. I've heard USAA is the best by far, then Statefarm. I decided against going with them due to cost and haved narrowed my search to staying with ASI, going with Hippo or going with Ameriprise through Costco.

Comment

I switched to Liberty mutual last year, Saved a bunch

Comment

They're non-renewing you because you have trees within 100 feet of your house?

That's crazy! Sounds like they don't want to actually insure homes anymore, if that's true.
            I know that some companies won't insure you if you have limbs touching the house or roof, but this just doesn't add up.

Comment

Try Farmers. We are with USAA but a couple years ago had an issue and started looking around. Farmers was almost exactly the same rate and a better deductible on wind and hail damage. Only reason we stayed with USAA, we had been with them 30 years and they decided they could do what we wanted.

Comment

Avoid Liberty Mutual

My blood pressure just went up thinking about those freaking commercials

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  I have been informed that since there are trees within 100 feet of my house that Nationwide is no longer on my side.
                  Can you unpack this a bit? Literally 90% of NW customers must have "trees within 100 feet of their house." There must be more to your story.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
                    They're non-renewing you because you have trees within 100 feet of your house?

That's crazy! Sounds like they don't want to actually insure homes anymore, if that's true.
                    I know that some companies won't insure you if you have limbs touching the house or roof, but this just doesn't add up.
                    They are claiming that the trees are too close to the house, the trees are too close to each other, the limbs are too close to the ground, and that creates a fire hazard. I call BS, but what can you do ? Insurance companies have been screwing folks over since insurance was conceived. They are ALL gonna try to deny or diminish claims. Pick another and carry on. Just need some more names to look into. It will give my wife purpose until school starts !

Comment

We’ve always had USAA and they’re really good to work with. My in-laws has State Farm for 30years and their rate doubled last year even though they haven’t had a claim in about 12 years so they left and are now with Allstate and seems good

Comment

These big insurance companies are doing away with a lot of coverage with higher liability areas or circumstances. It's like if there is any risk at all they don't want it.

Stat Farm just told my parents they will not renew their policy because they have rotted fascia boards that need replaced. In reality they just don't want any liability on the coast. But they will never admit that of course.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          Avoid Liberty Mutual

My blood pressure just went up thinking about those freaking commercials
                          Lol

Wonder how much they spent on telling people you can customize your insurance?

Yeah, you’ve always been able to pick your coverages

Big whoop

Comment

Try Becky Glass @ Becky Glass Insurance,
                            713-478-7250. She is an independent and has several to choose from.

Oh, she is also my wife...

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                              Try Farmers. We are with USAA but a couple years ago had an issue and started looking around. Farmers was almost exactly the same rate and a better deductible on wind and hail damage. Only reason we stayed with USAA, we had been with them 30 years and they decided they could do what we wanted.
                              Same exact situation for us. I have tried to give USAA the oppurtunity to earn my business back, but they can't compete any more on premiums or deductible. Farmers cut my deductible in half on windstorm, and I am paying a lot less. Customer service at USAA is still top notch, but it doesn't mean they can charge me whatever they want to. I am not there to pay for all the advertising they use to not do!

Comment

Working...
                              X