Dog breed recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog breed recommendations?

Looking for a medium to large dog (prefer working type group) that is loving, does well in a house (especially when gone to work), and wont break the bank.
    I have considered a Lab, but seems like everyone has one and it would be neat if it was a little more off the wall, but I am not apposed to it.
    I had a Weimaraner and loved her, but she was spastic until almost 4 years old.
    Any ideas?

Rescued a great bernese. we keep him shaved in the summer. Very athletic.
    I think he could catch a coyote!

Great Bernese information, facts, and high-quality breed pictures. Learn everything about the Great Bernese dog breed including temperament, care, and more.

bp

Comment

Doberman

Comment

A non-profit 501c3 rescue organization of Retrievers, Setters, Pointers, Spaniels, Vizlas, Weimaraners, and Spinone Italianos

Even though you said you don’t want a lab I love em and they’re amazing family dogs. These folks are really good

Maybe an Australian Shepherd

My lab passed away at 13, we only have a corgi now but she’s a great dog and thinks she a giant. She’s great with our 1yo, but she needs to exercise a lot or she loses it

Comment

My recommendation would be a boxer. They are a little hyper but I think they are the best family dog right there with labs. They train easy, love children, and always aim to please there family.

Comment

Australian Shepherd : I'm a Huge Lab Lover / Owner and always have had one . When we moved back from Australia and I picked up my current Lab my youngest daughter talked me into getting her an Aussie also . It is by far the smartest , most loyal , and ease of maintenance of any dog I have ever been around .

Comment

Australian Shepherd x 2

Comment

Actually, best dog I have ever been around was half Aussie and half Rottweiler.
                Good luck finding one of those.

bp

Comment

hungarian vizsla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Collie!! Awesome dogs that are sometimes too smart for their own good. They’re busy bodies but if you keep enough toys out for them they won’t tear up much. Mine have always picked it up pretty quick after a couple arse whoopings. Got a 2 year old now that has turned out to be a great dog. I leave her out in the house anytime I leave and she doesn’t bother a thing. We do go on walks frequently. If you go working breed, it’s always been my opinion that females are MUCH calmer than males.

Comment

Pudelpointer. I have 2 of them. Great working breed and family dog.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I second the lab. There is a reason they are so popular. Or golden retriever.

Or go to the pound, and pick one out. Seems every story I hear the pound dogs are the most loving, family friendly dogs there are.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                          My recommendation would be a boxer. They are a little hyper but I think they are the best family dog right there with labs. They train easy, love children, and always aim to please there family.
                          My boxer just passed away. Was a great dog.
                          Trying to find something different and not just replace her.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            I have a 15 year old boxer and absolutely one of the best dogs I have ever been around. So would recommend one for sure, we lost her brother a couple years ago. She is still going strong.

As far as a working type dog? Are you wanting for a specific job or just kind of dog you prefer? Most working type dogs have a higher drive than just a pet type dog.

Comment

The european working line GSD.Greatest, most versatile breed on earth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X