This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
    The ACC is down so their schedule is weak. SEC right up there with their joke schedules, 3 cupcakes and only 8 conference games. ACC & SEC are only 2 conferences that have been in the playoffs every year. They are also the only conference's that don't play 9 conference games. Get the FCS teams off the schedule and play 9 conference games and I'll get off my soapbox. Until then it's not apples to apples.
    Lol please. Let me know when your team plays Alabama, Florida, auburn and texas( ooc) the same year. What’s easier beating a slough of teams ranked 21-40 or 3-4 teams in the top 15? The sec has teams in The playoffs every year bc it is the best conference period. It’s not even debatable at the moment. The big 10 would be 2nd best but even they truly on have Ohio st that can compete for a title. And how would 9 conference games make LSU’s schedule harder? Lsu plays a pretty good ooc team almost every year that would rank mid to upper half of the sec so that’s a wash.

Comment

2020 College Football - Off Season Discussion

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
      The attrition is normal for players.....not coaches. We routinely lose 6-11 players each year. This year we tend to be on the higher end but it is fairly normal for us unfortunately. Can't blame them though. If someone was dangling generational money in front of my nose, to the NFL I would go. Especially with a Natty in my back pocket.

I hear ya. Losing seniors is normal attrition (albeit, one won the Heisman), LSU lost 11 or maybe it was 10 juniors once in the last 20 years. It’s typically only around 3 which most good programs that win a minimum of 8 games a year will lose and they went 8-5 after losing that group.

Haven’t they lost 9-10 Juniors plus the typical senior attrition.

The coaches are whom I’m really getting at, but as a whole, it’s one of the wildest exodus I’ve witnessed while following CFB.

Here’s 2005 up to last year.

2018: 6
      2017: 4
      2016: 1
      2015: 3
      2014: 7
      2013: 10
      2012: 3
      2011: 2
      2010: 1
      2009: 1
      2008: 0
      2007: 1
      2006: 0
      2005: 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Chad C; 01-23-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
        Lol please. Let me know when your team plays Alabama, Florida, auburn and texas( ooc) the same year. What’s easier beating a slough of teams ranked 21-40 or 3-4 teams in the top 15? The sec has teams in The playoffs every year bc it is the best conference period. It’s not even debatable at the moment. The big 10 would be 2nd best but even they truly on have Ohio st that can compete for a title. And how would 9 conference games make LSU’s schedule harder? Lsu plays a pretty good ooc team almost every year that would rank mid to upper half of the sec so that’s a wash.
        Texas played Oklahoma, LSU, Baylor......by rankings that's close. They only lacked the 4th quality opponent. Those cream puff games in the 4 OOC games hurts the SEC schedule ranks. Slive set the SEC up for success. That said the SEC is the best conference. Just not by as wide of a margin as y'all think.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Texas played Oklahoma, LSU, Baylor......by rankings that's close. They only lacked the 4th quality opponent. Those cream puff games in the 4 OOC games hurts the SEC schedule ranks. Slive set the SEC up for success. That said the SEC is the best conference. Just not by as wide of a margin as y'all think.

Oklahoma sucked. Just sayin lol

Comment

I don't disagree. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              I hear ya. Losing seniors is normal attrition (albeit, one won the Heisman), LSU lost 11 or maybe it was 10 juniors once in the last 20 years. It’s typically only around 3 which most good programs that win a minimum of 8 games a year will lose and they went 8-5 after losing that group.

Haven’t they lost 9-10 Juniors plus the typical senior attrition.

The coaches are whom I’m really getting at, but as a whole, it’s one of the wildest exodus I’ve witnessed while following CFB.

Here’s 2005 up to last year.

2018: 6
              2017: 4
              2016: 1
              2015: 3
              2014: 7
              2013: 10
              2012: 3
              2011: 2
              2010: 1
              2009: 1
              2008: 0
              2007: 1
              2006: 0
              2005: 0

I think In 2013 they actually lost 11 jrs. I was referring to draft illegible underclassmen as well. I was mainly talking about since 2013. So when you factor this year in with 9, they lose 6-11 about 1/2 the time. That is what I was considering as “normal attrition for us”. Sucks but it is true. About 1/2 the time over the last 8 years we lose at least 6 players who could of come back. Some pan out and some don’t. Sucks for those that don’t but I can’t blame them one bit. Next man up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Reload or rebuild. I am just enjoying the national championship and a great season. Not many on here have been able to say that in quiet some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Reload or rebuild. I am just enjoying the national championship and a great season. Not many on here have been able to say that in quiet some time.

Over the last 16 years we avg a natty appearance every 4 years i can live with that

Comment

Little birdee told me Burch may be on campus this weekend [emoji1377]

Comment

We are due. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        No, this is not normal attrition that goes on yearly or even every 3-5 years at LSU for coaches or players. I’m sure they’ll still impress come fall. Thanks for the humor.

Its pretty normal for LSU. Most of the players leave when they are Juniors. So yeah that attrition is normal. In reality only the DC was lost. That is the only coach search I know of right now. So the term "rebuild" is not correct. If they would have lost the entire coaching staff I would agree. But just the DC? Nah. It happens every few years just because guys moving up the chain.

Comment

LSU just had the greatest college football season of all time. And, the 2020 buzzards are already circling

Shrimp Boat Captain and Woody are doing their due diligence on hiring the best available "as Eaux said he would two years ago" and folks are already throwing in the towel on the National Champions.
                          Just the Naysayers brother, just the naysayers.

Comment

Ed O and LSU agree to 6 year 42 million. Never thought i'd see they day Ed O would be a 7million dollar a year coach.

Comment

Ed O and LSU agree to 6 year 42 million. Never thought i'd see they day Ed O would be a 7million dollar a year coach.

Congrats O well deserved

Comment

He bet on himself and it paid off. He’s at his dream job, coming off a NC, with $42M coming to him. Take a bow, Coach O.

Comment

Working...
                                X