No announcement yet.

Anyone else hate this time of year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's my favorite time of year. The older I get I realize how important my family is and getting to see everyone all together is great. Yes the hustle and bustle will wear on you but I always just think it may be the last time you get to see some of your family. All of us are up in age and some in bad health. Make the best of it while we can.

Comment

Anyone else hate this time of year?

I love Christmas. I love it for the birth of my lord and savior. I love it for the time spent with family & friends. I love it for the smile on my sweet brides face and the twinkle in her eyes when I flip the lights on Christmas tree for the first time every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Usually I hate it because my busiest part of the year is the first of the year. This year I'm trying not to think about it. In a few years, when I retire, I hope to enjoy it more.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          I love the reason for Christmas and enjoy it. Retailers got into it and made it a mess. That is just my opinion.
          Spot on! Don't get me wrong, I love the reason as well and celebrate that. It's everything else we have let the holiday time become that gets my Grinch out. I enjoy the time with family, most of the time, and seeing the kiddos faces light up but for me it's become way over the top financially and schedule wise. This year we set a budget and decided early on what we would spend on each gift and it has helped a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
            Only people who actually have a reason to complain is anyone in the postal or any delivery service. You know this sucks for them.
            They are piling fat stacks, I wouldn't complain.

Comment

I was in the grocery business for 30 plus years and never enjoyed Christmas or any holiday due to all of the stress from my job and others always had extra time off. I changed careers when I was 47 now have more time off than ever (17 days for Christmas and New Years) around all holidays and that has helped bunches. Me and my wife do note exchange gifts and mostly spend on grandkids with inexpensive gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
                I hate the holidays. Greed, anger, and selfishness are on display like no other time of the year. I keep a low profile, keep my trap shut, and try to endure. If I could cancel it, I would.

Selflessness, giving, kindness, caring, and love are also on display this time of year. I guess it's all in how you see it. Some of y'all are a glass is half empty type of guy.

Merry Christmas ya Grinches

Comment

Man there’s some Debbie downers in here.

Christmas is what you YOU decide to make of it. YOU are in control of everything you involve yourself with. There’s no good reason to put yourself in financial straits or even spend more than you want to.

Let go of the pressure of thinking you HAVE to spend a lot or even any money at Christmas.

There’s been many years in our lives where my wife and I didn’t spend a dime on anyone but the kids and we survived as did all the other folks that didn’t get gifts.

Get back to the real meaning of Christmas and celebrate that and being with family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

True dat^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Man there’s some Debbie downers in here.

Christmas is what you YOU decide to make of it. YOU are in control of everything you involve yourself with. There’s no good reason to put yourself in financial straits or even spend more than you want to.

Let go of the pressure of thinking you HAVE to spend a lot or even any money at Christmas.

There’s been many years in our lives where my wife and I didn’t spend a dime on anyone but the kids and we survived as did all the other folks that didn’t get gifts.

Get back to the real meaning of Christmas and celebrate that and being with family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                      Spot on right here ∆∆∆

Plus I am in a deer stand a good 15-18 days this time of year.

Comment

Working...
                      X