Revise deer tags on license????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick question to see who all who like some different type of tags used for deer? The ones now are so small and it’s hard to cut the dates out when your hands are cold or wet and trying to write on one if it’s damp or raining out is a nightmare. Seems like TPwd could come up with some easier method. What is yalls thoughts?

I have no problem with current setup.

Comment

Been so long since I've tried to write on them I forgot if it's hard or not

Comment

Oklahoma made a change last year, at least for out of state hunters. Really easy with Outdoor Oklahoma app. Have a tag yourself, write your name, hunting license number on it. When you shoot something, you write date, method and buck or doe on it and attach it. Then you have 24hrs to check in online vie the app and they give you a confirmation number. You can write that on your tag if you want or just show the game warden your app. It shows your history on there. Super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The tags are too small and the paper doesn't hold ink very well at all.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
            Oklahoma made a change last year, at least for out of state hunters. Really easy with Outdoor Oklahoma app. Have a tag yourself, write your name, hunting license number on it. When you shoot something, you write date, method and buck or doe on it and attach it. Then you have 24hrs to check in online vie the app and they give you a confirmation number. You can write that on your tag if you want or just show the game warden your app. It shows your history on there. Super easy.

That’s not too bad, but where we hunt we have no cell service. I’d have to drive 30ish minutes one way to check in a deer.

Comment

[QUOTE=slayr;14576806]That’s not too bad, but where we hunt we have no cell service. I’d have to drive 30ish minutes one way to check in a deer.[/

We have to drive up on a hill about 2 miles away to get service but I can see where 30min would be a pain. Probably could talk with the warden in your area to work something out.

Comment

No problem with the current tags.

Comment

Can barely get the current license in my wallet now with its waterproof holder. Can't imagine having to carry a bulkier one.

Comment

Is it really that much of a pain? Seems fine to me.

Comment

I was just throwing it out there to see what others thought. It’s not that it’s a huge pain but it could be better.

Comment

My only problem is they just don't give you enough of them.

Comment

I honestly miss the old old paper tags we used before the computer print outs. They were pretty cool looking back at it.

Comment

The numbers are harder to read but I am getting older. A pair of cheater glasses or a flashlight does the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                              Can barely get the current license in my wallet now with its waterproof holder. Can't imagine having to carry a bulkier one.
                              Exactly, and I have to carry 3. Mine and both my kids. I like the way it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X