No announcement yet.

Trash or Treasure?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't speak to the Coleman, but I would be wary of an inexpensive UTV without substantial reviews/experiences. I guy on our lease bought a Landmaster UTV. Was told it has a Suzuki engine, dependable, just no bells and whistles. Saved $1500 over a similar sized Polaris, JD, Kawasaki... That thing lasts 2 weeks, and then its back to the mechanic for something. He was even trying to get them to declare it a lemon at some point. I can assure you he has spent way more than the $1500 he saved at the mechanic, and towing it back and forth, and headaches from having it crap out on him. If it was me, and I trusted the family friend took good care of it, I would go with the JD, or even pony up and buy a more reputable brand with minimal hours. Good luck in your decision

Comment

I had a Tractor Supply LandMaster with a 650 Subaru engine. I bought it used (lightly on 2 acres) and the first thing it cost me a $700 carb job, and it still wasn't running right. It was slow but would climb straight up a wall with the diff locked. I am used to having Yamaha's etc... so it was not something I could depend on if I took it somewhere so I sold it. The difference is night and day between good quality and the cheaper stuff but with prices going up and can see the draw to buy a cheaper one.

Comment

only thing i'd say about it is.. where will you take it when something goes wrong?

I can't imagine sams club would be able to help you. I had a recall on my UTV. Would you have to ship it off somewhere?

When I'm buying implements for the ranch that's the first thing I consider. How easy is it for me to have work done on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
          Never understood the UTV folks. Give me a Taco and life is good......
          And I thought you understood me Bud? LOL

Got 2 rangers we would trade for a taco, but HAS to have a fold up windshield!!

Comment

I am with the taco folks. But the Roxor's have my interest.

Comment

Working...
            X