No announcement yet.

Moving to Houston area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Columbus area is where I’d go. New Ulm,Cat Spring area is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
      If you're work is south of I-10 then Katy area or Seguin area. But Katy has a $68 million high school football stadium to pay for, and s tx is closer to Seguin.
      Try $92 Million. LOL!

Comment

Haven’t seen to many people mention the Tomball area - I have lived in this area for 6 years (east Texas transplant) and I have grown to love it. Everything I need is a few minutes away and the commute for me isn’t so bad thanks to 99 and the hardy toll road.

From what I know there are good schools here and seems to be a relatively low crime rate — I only speak to this as my neighbor is a cop in Tomball PD and his stories sound rather mild.

Hope your move goes well and congrats on the new job!

Comment

Originally posted by KNEE DEEP View Post
          Columbus area is where I’d go. New Ulm,Cat Spring area is nice.

Yep...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
            Well after a long hard fought and stressful year... I was offered my dream position with a fantastic company. I can move anywhere around Houston area. I'd like to hear thoughts and opinions from those in the know of where that may be. I was initially thinking Katy but after some research I think North is the ticket from Spring up to Lake Conroe perhaps. Any other suggestions or thoughts on what I mentioned? Thanks fellas.
            I've spent most of my life to this point in Montgomery County, moved to Tyler last year. I loved The Woodlands. I also love saltwater. If I had to move back to Houston it would probably be towards the coast. I'd just buy a house that was built up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I live in the Conroe area just off 1488 in a small subdivision called Carriage Hills unremarkable here for 20 years and love it. The lots at 1-7 acres and housing is not that bad (not the Woodlands pricing) there are deer all over the place. The SanJacinto river is at the back of the subdivision you can fish swim or ride Fourwheeler. You are close to everything but just far enough to relax.

Comment

Originally posted by kenforu View Post
                I live in the Conroe area just off 1488 in a small subdivision called Carriage Hills unremarkable here for 20 years and love it. The lots at 1-7 acres and housing is not that bad (not the Woodlands pricing) there are deer all over the place. The SanJacinto river is at the back of the subdivision you can fish swim or ride Fourwheeler. You are close to everything but just far enough to relax.
                Howdy neighbor. I’m in JR. I keep telling my wife we should build or remodel in CH.

Comment

Born and raised in the Conroe area. Just stay on the north side of Houston and you’ll be good. Go Stros!

Comment

I live right across the street from Galleria mall. Unless you like traffic and rediculous housing prices steer well clear of this area lol.

Comment

North side

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post

2. Walker county is great, in laws still live there. Its quiet, lake and river access is easy. Close to National forest. My wife didn't like it- you have to go down to the woodlands for major shopping. We also lived in Riverside so it was a drive just to hit 45. Area is growing, and Huntsville offers a lot more than when we lived there. Would be my second choice.
                        I used to hunt just outside of Riverside about 3 miles east of Hwy 19. Ate at the Riverside café for lunch and dinner about every weekend.

My wife is from New Waverly and we went back to Huntsville to visit her grandma.....man I couldn't believe how big its gotten. Its been about 20 years since we hunted that way but man, the 45 corridor is nothing like I remember it.

But back to topic:

I lived in Houston/Pearland area during high school and still have friends there and go back a few times a year. No way would I move to the south end of Houston, or over in Clear lake/League City, Texas City, nor on the East side near channel view.

I would live in the Woodlands/Conroe Area, Magnolia or Hempstead/Waller Area. Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita area was a nice area when I was in school but that may have changed.
                        Last edited by txtrophy85; 07-11-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X