No announcement yet.

Jalepeno popper idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good friend of mine started a pimento cheese company. Absolutely the best I've ever eaten! He gave me a few tubs and we've used them for poppers. They were awesome on the smoker!

Check out his website he is local in Houston.

Comment

I make homemade pimento cheese with chipotle cheese and stuff em with some chopped whatever bbq I have left from cooks...

I lightly hammer the bacon to thin it out too

Crowd pleaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finely chopped water chestnuts adds a great texture (crunch).

Comment

My wife stuffs them with chicken and shrimp.

Comment

I make them with Pioneer Woman's pimento cheese recipe.

They are phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
              I’ve seen my cousin make breakfast sausage in a pan. Drain the fat and juice then mix it with the cream cheese and use a cake icier to squeeze the mix in the jalapeño. Then wrap with bacon. Instead of cutting the jalapeño in half cut the tip off where the stem is and carve out the seeds. I like this style better.
              This is what we do. We use spicy breakfast, italian, venison, andouille, etc... sausage and mix with cream cheese. We were finding just cream cheest to be pretty overpowering and rich so we mixed it up and that is all we do now. I also do them on the smoker as I like the smoke flavor. 30-45 minutes at 350 should be good to make sure the bacon is cooked and not soft.

One time we had a few left over and decided to wrap those in crescent dough and bake them off. That was a good breakfast...

Comment

I’ll never cut them in half again. Slit, open like a coin purse, scoop out the insides with a melon baller. I stuffed mine with breakfast sausage mixed with adkin’s and cream cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I do cream cheese breakfast sausage and feisty ranch powder for my fillings .

Comment

Never tried Pimento cheese but it sounds good. I do mine like some other have already posted. Cut them in half long ways, stuff with browned breakfast sausage, cream cheese, sour cream, Monterey jack cheese mixture. Wrap with bacon, slap some bbq sauce on em and into the smoker at 250 for 2 hours.

Comment

Hey Richie, can you post those pics a little bigger? I can barely see em.

Thanks for all the ideas. I'm just going to go simple and go with the pimento cheese and see what happens. I'm going to put most of my effort Sunday on dinner. Hot wings and onion rings.

Comment

Jalepeno popper idea?

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        Hey Richie, can you post those pics a little bigger? I can barely see em.

Thanks for all the ideas. I'm just going to go simple and go with the pimento cheese and see what happens. I'm going to put most of my effort Sunday on dinner. Hot wings and onion rings.

Perfectly normal size from my phone. Don’t complain, probably the only way your old azz could have seen em anyway. [emoji6]

Comment

I did boudin mixed with cream cheese and shredded cheese for the super bowl. They were pretty dang good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            I’ll never cut them in half again. Slit, open like a coin purse, scoop out the insides with a melon baller. I stuffed mine with breakfast sausage mixed with adkin’s and cream cheese.

I love the pimento cheese idea. Let me know how that comes out. I always like to find a way to switch up my poppers as these are a staple in my house about every other week.

I did “Texas Twinkies” for the super bowl. I cut them like the “coin purse” referenced here. Mix grated pepper jack cheese, cream cheese, and leftover chopped brisket. Add salt, pepper, and cumin. Fill the pepper with the mixture. Bacon wrap. Bake. When they’re done baste them with your favorite BBQ sauce and broil them until it glazes. I made 2 dozen and they were gone in about 6 minutes, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Atomic Buffalo Turds

This stuffed jalapeno recipe (known as "Atomic Buffalo Turds") is easy to prepare, and is always a crowd pleaser at any barbecue!

Comment

soak in pineapple juice and add a bit of crushed pineapple to the cream cheese.... Theres a thousand different ways to make a popper!

Comment

Working...
                                X