Antler restriction question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antler restriction question

Since season end is near, I am coming closer to the realization that I may not get to shoot my target Buck. I am in a antler restriction county and have already taken a spike but I have an abundance of them so I was wondering If I am able to take a 2nd spike and forgo my 13 inch or greater buck. If I am reading TPWD guideline correctly I am able to take two legal bucks with ONLY one having a greater spread than 13 inches.

From tpwd
    Antler Restrictions The bag limit in this county is two legal bucks, but only ONE may have an inside spread of 13 inches or greater. A legal buck deer is defined as a buck deer with: at least one unbranched antler; OR an inside spread of 13 inches or greater (does not apply to a buck that has an unbranched antler). A hunter may also take ONE buck with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater in a different county with antler restrictions, and not to exceed that county's bag limit.

Curious if someone has researched this or had experience with this particular situation previously. I have been trying to get ahold of TPWD on this but have ended up on hold for long durations or talking to an individual who has no clue. I am hold right now actually

According to what you posted. Yes you can take another "unbranced" or spike.

Comment

Without a doubt, you are legal to shoot two spikes this year. Drop the next one you see.

Comment

Just remember a spike today is your trophy tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
          Just remember a spike today is your trophy tomorrow.
          But it’ll eat good

Comment

Working...
          X