New Adult Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Adult Bow

First off I blame my recent purchase on this site.... I was happy the last year shooting my Diamond SB-1, was fine from an accuracy perspective, especially after upgrading the rest to a drop away, which I purchased form this site.

Fast forward to this week, when I purchased my first real adult bow, a Matthews VXR, which makes my old bow seem silly. I had the shop set it up with my existing hardware, QAD HDX rest, and the sight that came on my diamond.... It's shooting great and is drastically different.

I have started doing some research on sights, but it's all over the place. Traditionally I have limited myself to 2-3 pins, usually a 20 yard and a 30 yard, and that's all I've used.

Mainly I'm a hunter and would limit myself to 30ish yards, but seems as though I may be more comfortable going out a little further with this bow once it's dialed in and I am acclimated to it.

My son is doing some of the indoor shoots and I may join him as I'm usually there for the duration anyway.

I know this will be all over the place, but any recommendations on sights for hunting and the occasional competition for a VXR?

I'll add that I like the concept of the Trophy Ridge – Hotwire, two fixed pins and one adjustable, but I'm open to looking at anything.

Comment

I love my Spoot Hogg fast eddie dual pin. Gives u a clear sight picture with only 1 pin but 2 fibers and a roller adjustment for when u want to shoot further.
      It’s a but pricey but worth every penny and solid.

Comment

I second the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie Dual pin.

Comment

Are you wanting to stick with a multi pin or are you open to single pins? I just upgraded to a HHA Tetra and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpetera View Post
            I'll add that I like the concept of the Trophy Ridge – Hotwire, two fixed pins and one adjustable, but I'm open to looking at anything.
            I shoot a trophy ridge hotwire and absolutely love it. Have 20 and 30 yrds fixed and 3rd pin that will go out to 70 yrds.

Comment

I like the simplicity of a single pin slider. My HHA Kingpin goes from 20-100 yds. I rarely shoot past 60, but I have had a 93 yard shot come up in a tournament.

Comment

I have a bow with a HHA king pin and I have a bow with a spot hogg hogg it. Both single pin, which I love. Got to say precision and build quality goes to HHA, pin brightness also. I had to modify the yardage wheel and indicator dial to work. Other then that I really like that sight. Spot hogg, the pointer and dial are better, but there is a lot of “ slop” or play in most of the adjustments. If they could have a baby it would be the perfect sight. But either one I would recommend, try if you can before you buy a sight. They are so different for each individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Cberry View Post
                  Are you wanting to stick with a multi pin or are you open to single pins? I just upgraded to a HHA Tetra and I love it.

I’ve never used a single pin so I can’t say, but I’ll check them out and see what I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another for the hha. It’s the only sight I consider now. I run a optimizer lite on my vxr

Comment

I was always forgetting to adjust the single pin sights for distance. Mine was an HHA. I gave it away and have been using Spot Hog five pin sights. I recently purchased a Truglo Veros 5 pin as I was trying to outfit a hunting bow with a light weight sight. It is more than adequate for hunting purposes and has adjustment knobs for quick sighting in. My only complaint is that the pins are too fine for my old eyes. It would have been a much better fit for me thirty years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X