Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleepy Boar Takes 505 gr. Arrow...

...and stops it like a brick wall.

I had a plan conjured up to kill this pig and it worked to perfection. Well, minus the part where I never found him. Lost blood at 150. Crap!!! Oh well. Pretty cool video anyways.

Bloodsport Gravedigger Hybrid

Skip to 2:10 if you’re bored of watching him sleep. Lol!

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WNZWKT0AeQY&t=84s"]9/20/20 Sleepy Boar - YouTube[/ame]

Blood was good and then just stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Right in the garbage can lid.

Comment

Looks just a little high up on the shot. He’s got a heavy build too , did you ever find the arrow?

Comment

I wonder if him laying down was a main cause of the lack of penetration. I’m assuming that causes his muscles and fat to be more densely packed.

Comment

looked like a tank

Comment

Good lord hes stout

Comment

I wish ours were that relaxed. Decent shot, just didn't get enough penetration I guess. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'm guessing because he was lying down that there was a lot of bone folded up right where you wanted to be.

Comment

Haha! Surprised that you didn't get a little more penetration, but then again I'm not. Squared him right up.

Comment

It looked like a perfect shot from here. Maybe some grizzle plate got in the way?
                    Either way, he is a dead pig. Congrats.

Comment

I'll bet you got more penetration than what it appears and the arrow backed out some when he started running. I'll also bet that he is dead somewhere from the looks of that shot. Good luck finding him though. Nice shot on a very good boar. Thanks for posting another great video.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick bow View Post
                        Looks just a little high up on the shot. He’s got a heavy build too , did you ever find the arrow?
                        Never did. Found a single vane and nockturnal about 75 yards out.

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                        I wonder if him laying down was a main cause of the lack of penetration. I’m assuming that causes his muscles and fat to be more densely packed.
                        Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        I'm guessing because he was lying down that there was a lot of bone folded up right where you wanted to be.
                        Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                        It looked like a perfect shot from here. Maybe some grizzle plate got in the way?
                        Either way, he is a dead pig. Congrats.
                        Yes I think the laying down had something to do with it. Not exactly sure what happens with bone or fat when they do that, but I won't do it again if I have a choice. One minute after I shot, the feeder went off. That's all he was waiting for.

Comment

Shot one last week and got about 5" penetration with a Snuffer on a 525-gr arrow at 238 fps and the only blood I found was on the broken shaft.

Comment

You gotta shoot them arrows that are as heavy as a railroad tie with a single beveled broadhead the size of pie-tin in order to get any penetration on a big ol pig like that!

Comment

That's his feeder, you were trespassing..............

He lost some blood pressure and quit bleeding, looks like you may have spine'd him some?

Comment

Working...
                              X