Longbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longbows

Three separate longbows shot in the last week in-between waiting on the yard Buck. Hummingbird, Dass Dalaa, and HH Wesley Special. Hummingbird at 15 yards and the other two at 20 yards. The Hill bow hadn't been shot in five months and the DAS bow shot sitting on a camp stool. Never shot sitting down ever. Six months rebuilding my form which at 74 is a chore. Some 28 years of muscle memory gone and replaced with something that works. Target Panic gone after 15 years with a repeatable shot sequence. This is my first post with everything in the preview looking the way it should. Started with a Homemade Formaster to get Back Tension right and started shooting Three Under 3 weeks ago. Just to put this progress in context. Forms is bordering on subconscious and the Gap aiming is being refined. I am almost where I want to be after several years of frustration. Skewed arrow are from a crosswind.
    Last edited by Estacado; 11-12-2020, 03:38 PM.

Wow at 74 that’s tough on the shoulders and back. Pretty **** good . Nice bow on the top pick

Comment

longbows

All three are 45-46# at 28". The Hummingbird is 64", DAS is 62", and the HH is 66". Ben Graham built the Invisible Wings Tiger Stripe Maple limbs under protest. I now have 45-51-60# limbs for it. Have shot the 51# limbs, but not ready for prime time. Ben is no longer with us though his wife Linda is still managing some company activities. Good form and back tension are necessary for me to shoot anything heavier than 35#.

Comment

Working...
      X