Fletching question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletching question

I’m gonna fletch a couple of arrows to start messing with my new used recurve. All I have is a bitz straight clamp. Can I just fletch them with a slight off set light arrow for my compound & does it matter which side the off set is? I look at some at the shop & they was left helical. The guy said it was just kinda personal preference.

The bow I got is a Hoyt Satori 17” riser with carbon tech limbs. I’m super excited to get to shooting this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot Rt hand helical

Comment

Are they left wing or right wing feathers?

Comment

If your only shooting field points then no helical or offset is needed. With a broadhead you'll need some spin to stabilize. Even a straight fletched feather will induce a little spin due to how they grow off the quill.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Are they left wing or right wing feathers?

They’re right wing. So I’m assuming right offset?

Also is it better to have an offset or helical when when shooting broadheads. I think I’m gonna use 160gt Palmer 4 blade heads.

Comment

Yes right offset.

Gary

Comment

There was a good article I believe in traditional bowhunter magazine last year and the opinion was not much difference in straight or helical fletching...

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                They’re right wing. So I’m assuming right offset?

Also is it better to have an offset or helical when when shooting broadheads. I think I’m gonna use 160gt Palmer 4 blade heads.

Yes you want right offset. A hard helical may impart a little more spin but until I bought a helical clamp I used offset with a straight clamp. I can’t say I’ve noticed any appreciable difference

Comment

An offset will work just as good as a helical, so yes - set it for an offset, and get after it.

Rick

Comment

Your post reminded me of an experiment that I did a few months back. I used some left wing fletches with a right wing helical clamp. Had to use extra glue and it looks awful, but I got the feathers stuck on to the shaft. The arrows are very loud and a little slower than if I had done it correctly. They buzz all the way to the target. I must be bored...

Comment

Working...
                    X