Ranch Layout Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranch Layout Help

I just purchased a small ranch 4 miles North East of Camp Wood. Please PM me if you can help me with ideas for management improvements. I will do all the work, i just need some guidance on things like feeder and plot locations. etc,

One resource is the NRCS and there is generally an extension in every county. They primarily focus on conservation for farmers and ranchers; however, grasses, fencing, and water for game should be fair game. Their services are free and their knowledge is unbelievable. It's worth dropping by their office.

Comment

Do you have an aerial photo or the topo map of the place. Gotta see a pic to give helpful suggestions.

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Ya is it a mountain? flat? good dirt? rocks? full of cedar? And what do you mean by management improvements? to the land? for your wildlife?

Comment

It is flat surrounded by 1000 acre ranches on 3 sides. Moderate Cedar. I would like tips on where to place a feeder, water troughs, and possible a food plot.

Comment

Post up an Aerial

Comment

Ranch Layout Help

Here it is. I have marked what i had in mind.
                Attached Files

Comment

go onto web soil survey and find out what kind of soils are on your place and see if it's feasible to build a food plot.

Comment

i would put camp near the front unless there is worry of theft. Just a small property and dont think you would want to scare what may be on property or coming from neighbors property to the south.

Comment

I agree I would put Camp near the front

Comment

Camp should be closer to road access. Are the back boundaries high fenced? If this is the case I could see why you would want it in the rear.

Comment

Sounds good. Back is not high fenced, it has thick cover though. I was thinking of putting a corn feeder or food plot between a tree stand and the back fence.

Comment

Don't know if your hunting tree stands, towers, or ground blinds but this is how I would set it up.
                            Last edited by Buckslayertx; 08-14-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I have (1) of each blind and rotate depending if my kiddos come along. Where would you put water troughs?

Comment

Working...
                              X